cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running RPODDELVRY for the first time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're about to start up Goods Receipts for SUS. I was about to schedule the batch job to run RPODDELVRY, but "Only New Material Documents" is going to push ALL released GR's for those vendors, which is tens of thousands of docs over the last several years. We don't need to push all of those over. But if I run "All Material Documents from:" and put, say, today's date in, it will push the same batch of material docs to SUS every time we run. After the docs go to SUS the first time, the subsequent XML files for those material docs just error out. And besides, that will quickly balloon into thousands of docs being pushed every time we run the batch job.

We were thinking of "disconnecting" the partner profile for STPPOD and then running "Only New Material Documents" The first run (which will take a long time) will fail, but then all subsequent runs should only be the more recent material docs.

Any suggestions? What do you guys do?

Thanks,

Seth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seth,

Basically each time the report writes some entries to table RPOD_IDX w.r.t. the GRs of a supplier. Next time when the report is run to this supplier, it will read table RPOD_IDX to get the latest entry of GR document posted of the supplier.

For example, if you select "Only new material documents", the report will select GRs posted later than the latest entry in the table RPOD_IDX.

If you use "All material documents from", the report will compare the date parameter you entered with the date recorded in table RPOD_IDX to select GRs, which is not quite easy for user to understand. Using this parameter may lead to multiple sending of GRs, as the report itself already stated.

I think your approach is worthy of a try. In the first run, ensure that the report fill in table RPOD_IDX with the "latest" dates of all the suppliers' "old" posted GRs. After that you could use option "Only new material documents" for the subsequent runs to send those new GRs that are planned to go to SUS.
Or you may think of doing something about the entries in the table rpod_idx manually to make the report select new GRs according to your manual entries.

Hope this could be of some help to you.

Regards,
Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wendy.

We don't do direct table edits here, otherwise, I'd probably populate RPOD_IDX with all current GR docs.

But you've helped confirm my initial thought. We'll "break" the process in WE20 or PI to prevent the docs from going over to SUS. Then we'll "fix" that part and set it to run "all new material docs" and that should be fine.

Best Regards,
Seth

Answers (0)