Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizing and Current Optimizer Hardware - Optimizer

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

How can i check the current hardware configuration of my optimizer server/system and how to go about resizing it.

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Type "optimizer hardware" with application area as SCM* in SAP support and you will have various notes explaining the same. Example go through below SAP notes:

1577112 - SCM Optimizer: Sizing Information

1640509 - FAQ about the setup of SCM Optimizer

1686826 - Installation help for installing SCM Optimizers

Check sizing sheet in SAP note 1577112.

Regards

Rahul

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

I have gone through the links u had sent earlier itself . I am new to sizing part of the optimizer i have downloaded the sizing document from the note as well but can you please shed some light on how to use the document to understand the hardware need for us . I tried editing the document but it is password protected and how does a sizing sheet like that help me understand the hardware requirement.

Regards,

Nick

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

This provides you an overview what is required. In case of PPDS/SNP you can put data and see the results. Though this always depends upon your scenarios, versions, product-location combination etc.. This is very essential part of any project. I would suggest you to go through the below link under sizing section. It needs user ID and password which I am sure you have. Not sure why it's not opening for me as of now but you can try. This would take you to sizing tool.

SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization 7.0 – SAP Help Portal Page

Also check SAP note

579373 - SNP & deployment optimization consulting

Regards

Rahul

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Thank you for the link i was able to download the SNP Optimizer Sizing document. But this document list Continous model and Discrete Model . I wanted a sizing document for SNP CTM.

Regards,

Nick