Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM- how can i restrict over qty entry in Transfer order confirmations

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My transfer order for put away was for 1 but somehow we noticed that qty put away  was in 9 digits. We are still investigating if it is a system generated issue or user issue.

Is there a way we can restrict input qty to be  less than or equal to the quantity for put away instead of allowing any number to input.

attached is transfer order screen shot.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

SAP WM Consultant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a way we can restrict input quantity to be  less than or equal to the quantity for put away instead of allowing any number to input.  -- You can control entering the value using the setting at movement type

also if I look the screen shared by you then I can see that the difference indicator 3 is appearing and then the difference quantity so to me it looks like the user who is trying to confirm. He entered that manually. if you will put the above setting then he wont be able to make any change moreover this is putaway TO so I  don't think that you should open the quantity field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Manish, process wise there should be no requirement to edit qty during put-away. If the quantity of GR or work order is incorrect simply confirm the T.O. and make your adjustments. Manual effort to correct that sort of one off scenario will still be required and allowing the user to edit the quantity actually creates more risk of additional errors. control via movement type is best

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like user has modified the quantity manually. Is it happening all the time? In transfer order confirmation (LT12) transaction, actual quantity filed can be made as display mode through screen variant so that this can be avoided. If not try to find user exit but best and easiest way is screen variant.

Regards

US

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Allowing or not allowing over confirmation is controlled in different ways for different processes. If you are confirming a standard production work order for example you can check transaction OPK4 to see if you have the over/under tolerance set to warning or error.

What reference, movement type, transactions are involved in your process?

There is no one single place that you can check to stop over confirmation of a transfer order for every imaginable scenario.

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

i am referring the confirmation of transfer order thru LT12 transaction. And it is for put away and is happening for both goods receipt putaway and  also for production order putaway.

former_member245890
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as i know there is no standard control while confirming transfer order via LT12. In order to control confirmation quantity i think you need to activate transfer order confirmation user exit which is MWMTO002. You can put a control for the field NISTA and give an error message according to your restriction.

Regards

Alper Keskin