Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany sales issue

Sanjitbhattacha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through most of the post regarding intercompany sales process configuration and from them I have some questions:

1. In the intercompany sales process plant is determined at item level automatically or not? If it is automatically determined(In the case when I have maintained the plant in customer material info record or material master or customer master) then for the same material when I will create the order to cash process which has no intercompany sales then from which configuration plant will be determined at item level?
  2. From which document I can see the different plant in intercompany sales process. As in our process I am not able to see different delivering plant in any of the billing document. Plants are same in general invoice as well as intercompany billing. As we are sending the materials from another plant which is in some other company code still it is showing the same plant in both the billing document.
  3. In intercompany billing (IV billing type) why sales area is different at header and item level.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor

Hello Sanjit,

1. First we should understand the process of intercompany, Basically it is used when we want to deliver the goods from the plant which belongs to other company code. Here two scenarios are possible.

I) - Product is not available in our plant, in this case user will change the plant manually in the sales order. and put the plant which belong to other company code.

II) - Product is not produce in out plant and we want when ever order come for this product system should determine the plant (which belong to other company code) automatically in such case we will maintain the plant (which belong to other company code) as a Delivery Plant in MMR (in sales view) so system will pick the plant automatically.

As we know once we assign the plant to Distribution chain it becomes delivering plant.

Sales Org + Distribution Channel = Plant (becomes delivering plant).

2. Plant would be same in Inter company invoice and in customer invoice. Plant is copied from order >> Delivery to customer invoice/intercompany invoice.

3. could you show me the screen shot of heare and item level of inter company invoice.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Sanjitbhattacha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your reply.Yes I understood your statements clearly but I have one doubt in it for the first question which I have asked.

Why in organization structure assignment configuration

We are assigning this

when we have already assigned it in

I am giving the screenshot where sales org. is different in header and item level

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanji,

I assume IT99 would be your Ordering Sales Org:

Ordering Sales Area:   IT99 + 99 + 99

Delivering Sales Area: IT79 + 99 + 99.

First Screen shot:

Once we assign to Plant to Sales Organisation + Distribution channel then system make this plant as Delivering Plant or in other words after assigning Plant to Organisation + Distribution channel then only we can use a plant as a Delivering Plant. Until unless we assign here plant we can not use a plant as Delivering Plant

Here you have assigned Ordering Sales Org + Distribution channel to Plant (Which belong to other Ccode)

IT99 + 99 = IT50.

I could see IT79 + 99 also assign to IT50 means this combination may use for non inter company sales (Standard Process) when company wants to deliver the goods from it's own plant in this case this combination will use.

Assign Organisation Units By Plants:

Here we could see Delivering Plant is assigned to Supplying Sales Area

IT50 = IT79 + 99 + 99.

This combination is used when we create the delivery for the sales order (intercompany sales order), As we know Delivery is created on Supplying side (at delivering Plant) that time system should come to know using which sales area delivery should be created and delivery is created with IT79 + 99 + 99 sales area and you can check.

Sales Organisation in Intercompany invoice:

As per my understanding sales organisation should be IT79 (at both level) and logically it makes sense as well.

in intercompany sales process two invoice are created.

Customer Invoice: we give it to our end customer and which is created on Ordering side so here sales area in the invoice should be IT99 + 99 + 99

Inter company Invoice: which supplying company gives to Ordering sales org/CCode and this invoice is created on supplying side so sales area should be IT79 + 99 + 99 at both level.

I am not sure I have to cross check this as well.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma.

Sanjitbhattacha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Yes you are right

Ordering Sales Area:   IT99 + 99 + 99

Delivering Sales Area: IT79 + 99 + 99

But what you have said regarding delivery sales org. which is not matching in our case that's why I am confused.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjit,

You are correct, this sales organisation belong to ordering sales org, I try to explain with my example.

Ordering Sales Area:   1US1 + G1 + G1

Supplying Sales Area: 1CA1 + G1 + G1

Order was created with 1US1 + G1 + G1

Now I could see same sales Org in Delivery as well.

But when we check the Table LIKP (Delivery Header) we find this ordering sales organisation and Supplying sales organisation with sales area.

BUT I have never seen this supplying sales Area in Delivery yet..however we can see in table.

Now see in details first sales organisation is the organisation using that we create sales order or this sales organisation (+ distribution channel) is assigned to Plant supplying plant

Ordering Sales Org + Distribution Channel = Delivering plant (belong to different C Code)

1US1 + G1 = 1W0V

Second sales organisation comes from the sales ares which we assign to Plant in Inter company processing as below.

Delivering Plant = Sales Organisation + Distribution Channel + Division (Supplying sales Area)

I hope this will clear your doubt.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Additionally, We could see two different Sales Area at Header and Item Leave in case of Inter Company Invoice.

As Column description shows at Header Level The column Description is "General Information" Here we could see Supplying Sales Area using that system generate the Inter company Invoice.

BUT at item level the column description is Sales Order data I believed which is copied from Sales order. As we know we create the sales order using Ordering sales Organisation that's why it is different from Header. More over I believe this is for information purpose.

I hope it will clear your all doubt.

Please let me know if you have any further doubt.

Thanks,

Prashant  sharma

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashant,

explained very well! keep up the good work! thanks!
TW

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sanjitbhattacha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Yes it is cleared all the queries which I have.Very nicely explained by you which I have not found from all the previous discussion in this forum.

Thanks

Sanjit Bhattacharya