Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Billing doc F2 Targetdoc RE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are into implementation.

Using the ECC6 EHP 7,I noted in copy control.

By standard there is no copy control in Item category TAN to G2N.Why is it so.

Is that anything missing,do i need to check with my basis consultant.

Thanks,

Thambi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need to check with the BASIS team .

G2N item category is used in credit memo (CR) and invoice correction (RK) document types - processes without product movements for value corrections (F2->order CR->G2 billing).

RE order type is used to return products from customers (F2->RE order->LR delivery->RE billing).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thambi

The best practice is to create it with a 'Credit Memo Request', NOT with reference to a billing document.

BR

Sumanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is no return of material,then we can do credit memo.Here return of material is also there.

So we need to create return order-->Return delivery,credit memo with respect to return order.

I have did the basic setting based on the data available in SCN.I think based on the item category REN which is assigned to sales document type,it is coming in sales order.With this setting i did return delivery and CM.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even in your screenshot the item category in the order is REN, not G2N. Why are you setting up G2N in copy control?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In copy control i did not set any REN.

I think because of item category determination,system by default is providing REN

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G2N item category is not relevant for delivery, so you will not be able to create one and post goods receipt to return the products (unless you have modified the item category settings and broken the standard credit memo processing).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not change anything in G2N. Except maintaining it in copy control.

But in sales order system pick REN.I believe because of item category determination,sales order picks REN.

Because of that i could do return delivery and issue credit memo.

Please share me standard copy control settings between REN and TAN

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For F2->RE copy control (this is from IDES)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please mentioned the business scenario what you want to do

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is we need to provide credit memo for customer who return materials.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • If you need to reimburse a customer, who returned faulty products to you, use RE billing type.
  • If you already paid to the customer and sent the RE printout, but the amount was incorrect, create debit memo request/credit memo request with reference to the RE billing and bill the CR/DR order.
  • In case you do not wish or cannot use RE billing and you have already received the products, but not billed them, create credit/debit memo request with reference to the RE order and bill it.

There is a plenty of very good documentation on returns process in SCN - e.g. this one: . You need to understand the business processes and the logic behind the document flow before you dive into copy control settings.

Edit: small hint - TAN ->G2N is used when copying F2 billing to CR (credit memo request). After you learn more about the business processes it will be easy for you to answer when this copy control is used.

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Important copy standard settings and then change them with your customized document types, item categories.

VTAF - billing doc --> RE order

Copy from F2 --> RE, TAN --> REN

Billing Type : ZF2, Item category :ZTAN,Return Order : ZRE, Item category : ZREN,

VTFA - RE order --> RE credit memo

Copy from RE --> RE, item category REN --> REN

Return Order : ZRE, Item category : ZREN, Billing Type : ZG2 (Credit Note)

VTLA - RE order --> LR delivery

Copy from RE --> LR

Create all doc types, item category by copying standards

e.g. ZF2 from F2

ZRE from RE

thanks