cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling with composite providers in BW 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a modeling question regarding the use of Composite Providers in the new BW 7.4 landscape. In our Project we have three ADSOs, so we wanted to use join the two of them via use of a Composite Provider and then do a Union with the thrird one with the use of another Composite, which would be used as the last layer for reporting.

However a join Composite Provider cannot be reused under another Composite Provider, as it seems. So how would you recommend to model the above requirement?

Thx a lot,

Giorgos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

Assume that you have three ADSOs A, B and C and you want the following Operation:

( A join B ) union C

This can be interpreted as ( A union C ) join ( B union C).

So, you create two composite providers of union type for A-C and B-C.

Then combine these union CPs in another CP with join condition.

This should give the same result as ( A join B ) union C.

Br, Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

you are actually right wtih a small correction from my side.

It is not possible to use the same Provider twice in a Union and then Join the two tables, but the implementation of a (A UNION C) JOIN B Composite Provider is the correct solution.

Thx a lot for your help on that.

And another short question regarding Composite Providers. Is it possible to set somehow filters in the Composite Provider and split the data to other Composite Providers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgos,

I'm afraid that's not possible to set data level restrictions in CompositeProvider.

Br, Harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could create a HANA Analityc View by clicking the option "settings" after that check the option "External SAP HANA  view for reporting" and activate the object.

This will create a View for your ADSO that you can use as source for the join options in the CompositeProvider.

former_member200967
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo Daniel,

I have question regarding the use of ANalytical View created on the BW inforpovider in the JOIN.

Have you tried this option and does it work ?

Beacuse on the link Supported Providers - Using the SAP HANA Database - SAP Library it states that , "Models generated from BW inforproviders are not supported for UNION". However nothing of this sort is mentioned for JOIN operation.

Regards,

Manpreet Singh