cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing SQL queries in SAP BW or ECC (like in Toad SQL developer)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can someone suggest if there is an option to run SQL code which is generated in a webi report (view script), we used to have TOAD or SQL developer tools on top of relational db in my previous projects.

I realized that DBACOCKPIT or ST04N are only for DBAs, not for developers like myself or atleast we do not have access to SQL command editor in these tcodes in SAP BW

Please provide any inputs in this regard

Thanks in advance, Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your question is related to Webi reports SQL based on the IDT universe on BW cube or DSO then you can use Data Federator Admin tool to run the scripts.

it's under the BO clients applications.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have acces to SA38 , SE38 or SE37, you can run the program "RSDU_EXEC_SQL" and then execute your SQL Statement .

Best Regards.

Andrés Bermúdez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres thanks for your response, I am not authorized for DB access so I am unable to use any of these tcodes.

1. Is it possible to use Toad or SQL developer with BW as backend.

2. Also the limitation with data federation client tool is that i do not see all my infoproviders under Catalog list, there are only a few but not all from my BW system (is there a reason why it doesn't show all the IPs). This tool surely comes handy if you have your IP in the list and execute any SQL

Your help would be appreciated,

Kris

Answers (0)