cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery line items split based on storage locaton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

Need some input. I got the following requirement from the client for the return order processing.

A return sales order needs to be created along with a subsequent delivery document. During the creation of the same, the storage location should be general or normal. From the delivery document, the return shipment information is sent to external system which manages the inventory. There the inventory people, sorts the return items based on it's condition and then put them in different storage locations. This storage location information needs to be passed back to SAP return delivery doc and then the items in the delivery document should split into multiple line items based on the storage location. Can anyone please advice as how the splitting of the items in the existing return delivery doc is achieved. Is there any customize setting or any user exit present.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explore the subsequent delivery split functionality

SPRO - Logistic exectuion - shipping - Deliveries - subsequent delivery split

Inbound idoc will create a separate delivery document (same delivery type) with reference to the delivery document. This functionality is used to create split delivery for a existing delivery document

Tcode : VLSP

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dutta,

Usually in Return order process we take the goods at default storage location and from there goods goes for quality inspection and than it goes to respective storage location/Plant.

Come to your case, As you want to split the delivery based on Storage location in such cases you need to determine the storage location at sales order lever we can achieve it using exit USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION in program MV45AFZZ/B.

for spliting the delivery based on storage location you can take the help from OSS Notes 546668 as suggested by Eduardo.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant

Actually requirement is to split the items into multiple lines in the delivery document, based on storage location, which is sent from the third party system via EDI. The process of quality inspection, assigning them in respective location is done in third party system only.

Thanks

Niladri

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dutta,

let me clarify few points.

1. Delivery is created in SAP systme or in third party system ? If Delivery is created in our SAP system and after that data/information goes to third party system further it come back with different different storage location based on quality inspection... ??

please bit explain in details whether delivery is created in SAP or in third party systme and when data goes from SAP to third party systme and when it come from third party to SAP ??

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

The delivery document is created in SAP ECC, but the information is passed to third party system(different organisation) which also has SAP ECC. Let me elaborate

Return order is created in SAP ECC (our system)- let's take for 1 item and quantity 5.

Return delivery is also created in SAP ECC(Our system). Storage location is determined as general.

Now delivery information is sent to third party system(which is also in SAP, but it's an external vendor). This vendor processes all the return delivery on behalf of our company. It does the quality inspection and other activities. The customer also returns the same to them also. Once quality inspection is done for the 5 quantities, the vendor puts them in different storage location, based on condition.For example Good in one location, fair in different location, damaged in different location. Once this is done, the information is to be sent to SAP Delivery order(our system). There the delivery documents needs to be update with new storage location information for each quantity and item should also split in to different lines in the DO based on the storage location. For example..out of 5 quantity, 3 are in Good condition and 2 in damaged condition, then when this information is passed to SAP(our system), the existing item in DO in SAP (Our system) should split into two different lines as storage location is different.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks

Niladri

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Niladri,

As per my understanding, one Idoc come in our SAP system which will update the quantity with respect to storage lacation.

As you explain once delivery is created in our systme (storage location determination is also done) our SAP systme send the delivery data to other ECC systme there they do all quality inspection and according to that put the quantity in different different storage location. after doing this this third party system send back all data/information with updated storage lacation with quantity through EDI/IDOC. Means our SAP systme needs a IDOC which will update our delivery (storage location with quantity).

I am not sure but I believe we can do this using inbound IDOC for Delivery (Message type DESADV, IDoc type DELVRY03) this Idoc come in our system and update the storage location with qty.

Additionally there is not need of storage location split, updated storage location & quantity will automatically updated these two fields once change inbound Idoc will received by our SAP system. I belive it should work

Have you tried this ??

Please try and let us know.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See note 546668 and related notes

I hope it helps you

Regards

Eduardo