cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in processing a file in PI from SFTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on a pass through(ESR byepass) scenario where i have to pick up a file from SuccessFactors SFTP server and post it to target FTP server. Syetem is not picking file from source system. I can see the following logs in communication channel.

Later on investigating, i found that files upto 1 MB size are processing fine. Files beyond 2 MB were taking much time to process.

Please let me know

1) What is the size of a file that SFTP adapter can process

2) If the issue is with the file, then how to performane of this interface by decreasing the process time?

Any other suggestions will be welcomed.

Regards

Koti Atla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Koti,

Please let me know

1) What is the size of a file that SFTP adapter can process

Ideally less than 1 MB,But if your RAM is of high configuration it can handle more size

2) If the issue is with the file, then how to performane of this interface by decreasing the process time?

you can try chunks,if it is pass through or ICO try reducing the logging/stagging .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please elaborate the second point .... try reducing the logging/stagging.

Regards

Koti Atla

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koti,

please refer the below threads which will helpful to handle huge files using SFTP adapter.

SFTP Adapter - Handling Large File

File/FTP Adapter - Large File Transfer (Chunk Mode)

Huge size file processing in PI | SCN

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Koti,

Chunk is like spilittin the message into small pieces and processing them

And in ICO you have various staging options you can modify it to increase the performance.