cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Connect DB User issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently our Source System from where we are extracting data has changed from DB2 to Oracle. So a new Source System was to be created in BW and respective new Datsource(Just 1), Transformation and DTP's.

BASIS Team created connections in Dev, Q and Prod and respective source system mapping with appropriate DB User and connection parameters.The entire mapping was accurate and data was flowing to the Data target as expected. I moved the changed to Quality, but i can see that the data is not being extracted to PSA.

The Assignment of Source System ID and Logical System names has been done. But, the DB user field in the Datasource doesn't change and is displaying the same DB User as Dev.

Below are the screenshots of what I'm talking about:

Highlighted Source System in Quality

I have raised a ticket to BASIS and they have told me the connection parameters that they have set up are accurate and can't help further. I can see the source system data at Source System level which would imply it's not a Source System issue. Wrecking my brain over this, could someone help me, please.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the DBCON table screenshot, the user ID given is aspurXXX, but in the Datasource it is given as ADPURXXX. Please check that.

Another thing to check would be, if you right click the source system name in RSA1 and ask to display the tables and views of the source system. If it shows you the tables, then the connection is ok.