cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway Service - Entity mapping RFC Destination issue in Quality system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have Gateway hub deployment scenario and the systems are mentioned below.

Dev      ( Gateway Hub - GW1, Backend BK1, RFC Destination from GW1 = BK1CLNT100)

Quality ( Gateway Hub - GW2, Backend BK2, RFC Destination from GW2 = BK2CLNT100).

I have created a service in the Development system GW1 using an RFC in the backend system BK1. Here I have mentioned the RFC destination as BK1 CLNT100for the service implementation mapping.

When I moved the gateway project to Quality system, its not working because the RFC destination BK1CLNT100 doesn't exist in GW2(quality) system which causes problem for the service implementation mapping (fields in the RFC parameters).

Could you guys please help me to handle this situation?

Should I have BK1CLNT100 exist in GW2 system before the TR movement? If not, Should I change the mapping in Quality system and generate the project again?

Regards,

Lijo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I see you already have Quality systems

1. Gateway Hub - GW2,

2. Backend BK2,

3. RFC Destination from GW2 to BK2 = BK2CLNT100

Now additionally Create a system alias say QUAGW2BK2 in SPRO in GW2 with the destination as BK2CLNT100.

Now assign this newly created system alias QUAGW2BK2 to the GW service which is transported to Quality GW2 system in /iwfnd/maint_service.

It should work fine now.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is not with the SAP system alias maintenance.

When I created the service, I have used the RFC from back end system. So I had to give the RFC name BK1CLNT100 there at the time of mapping the data source. This RFC destination name is moved to the Q system when it is transported. But the field mappings are not done there because the RFC destination was not there in the Q system. So the project ended with errors there in Q system with the error message saying that could not connect to RFC destination BK1CLNT100 .

Regards,

Lijo John.

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

When you create a project in dev system, you would use the RFC destination to the backend system(BK2CLNT100 in your case) for modelling or service implementation node(mapping different operations). However if you have not redefined the generated methods and using the standard generated code, you would see that the destination used for calling the RFC inside the particular method is not hardcoded to the one which you used while defining the mappings. But it is resolved from the associated system alias using below code:

* Get RFC destination

lo_dp_facade = /iwbep/if_mgw_conv_srv_runtime~get_dp_facade( ).

lv_destination = /iwbep/cl_sb_gen_dpc_rt_util=>get_rfc_destination( io_dp_facade = lo_dp_facade ).

Thus when you have correct system alias associated in the Quality system (as suggested by Ashwin), the above code will resolve the destination to BK2CLNT100 and not to BK1.

However, if you have hardcoded it in the redefined method, please change it to the above code.

Can you please show when are you getting this error? I assume it should not be while consuming the service but when you are trying to open the project in SEGW in quality system.

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh,

Thank you very much for your reply.

RFC destination fetching part was not hard coded and those were correct as you mentioned.

The problem occurs only when I try to open it in SEGW.

I have tried to consume the service and its working fine after the SAP system alias mapping.

Hence the issue is solved.

Regards,

Lijo John.

Answers (0)