Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Sign Placement

0 Kudos

Greetings Everyone,

Kindly advice if there is a configuration/code which can help place the negative sign of an amount to the left side (e.g -1.00).

In our current scenario, we're creating an application which is based from another application. The original application creates an IDoc via a function module, which contains an amount with the negative sign on the left side.

I'm modifying each amount to have the negative sign move to the left via code. Re-using the above function module, I then pass the converted amount. However, the amount reverts the amount to its original form when checked in the IDoc.

We cannot modify the function module, as we are trying to maintain the function module like-for-like.

Please advice accordingly.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

Use the FM CLOI_PUT_SIGN_IN_FRONT

hope it helps

Andreas

0 Kudos

Greetings Andrea,

Thank you for the answer. However, the FM seem to be inapplicable in our case.

As an example, I have 1.00- as an amount. Before I pass the amount to the function module, I convert the amount to -1.00. I then pass the value to the function module. However, when the FM field stores the amount, the amount reverts to 1.00- before being processed in the IDoc.

We cannot modify the FM, as the original application using the same FM displays the amount as -<amount> in the created IDoc.

Thank you.