Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blank page at web channel builder

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Recently I installed SAP CRM Web Channel Builder and there is an issue with the LOGIN PAGE i.e  http://HOSTNAME:50000/wcb/com.sap.common/appList.jsf?applicationTarget=_selfSAP CRM WEB Channel Builder 3.0 SP1 and the backend system is an SAP MDM with ERP so I was wondering why am getting a blackpage. checked the logs and everthing seems to be working fine. Kindly do let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks and regards,

Kaushik G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrickzimmerma
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

what exactly do you mean with 'blackpage'? When calling http://localhost:50000/wcb you should get the list of application ID's. The maximum number is 4, namely: wcbuilder, wcbuilder_erp, wcbuilder_erp_ume, wcbuilder_ume.

This can be configured in NWA:

Goto: Operations -> Start & Stop -> Java Applications

In name filter enter wcb, activate line containing 'wec~comm~wcb~leanapp'

-> More Actions -> Application Properties

Under Properties you see: wcb.online.application.ids

Modify Custom Calculated Value to: wcbuilder_ume, wcbuilder_erp_ume, wcbuilder, wcbuilder_erp

-> Set

-> Save

If the page has issues I would expect something in the logs.

Kind regards,
Patrick

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick, Thank you for the prompt reply i followed the above mentioned steps and i didn't get the expected result.I'm sending the log as an attachment , Kindly feel free to go through it. Thanks & Regards, Kaushik

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick, The main issue is am not able to access the web channel application and builder links. Kindly guide me how to resolve the issue. Thanks, Kaushik G

patrickzimmerma
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

looks there was an issue with the deployment, I'd suggest to redeploy. How and what did you deploy?
Another issue that often comes up is that SSL is not configured properly in the J2EE, please check this as well.

Kind regards,
Patrick

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick, Appreciate the suggestion,This was a successes but experiencing quite a noticeable lag when opening the application, that is the website when accessing the individual URL. So is there can configuration that we need to do? Thanks and Regards, Kaushik G

patrickzimmerma
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

which one was a success? Redeploying or setting up SSL?
What do you mean with a noticeable lag? Long time till the application comes up? Only for the first start or for the next runs as well?

Kind regards,
Patrick

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Partick, We redeployed the code and allzwell , lag is when i try to login to the web channel builder or browse the application is a bit slow and this happens whenever I try to login (though the login is successful) I would like to know are there any post installation steps to increase the performance. Thanks and Regards, Kaushik G

patrickzimmerma
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

can you quantify this? Install e.g. HTTPWatch or similar and check the response times.
Are the roundtrips slow? Is the J2EE server under high load?

How did you setup your J2EE? Which J2EE version do you have? What is the hardware (CPU, Memory, Disk)? What DB do you have? On which server is your DB installed?
How are the cache settings on your J2EE?
Is your application in production or development mode? What is the trace level of your application? How much lines appear in the log files during start? Do you have any network issues that could slow down the roundtrips?
There are so many factors influencing the speed, I probably missed a lot of them in my list.

Kind regards,
Patrick

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick, Am extremely sorry for the delayed reply i did some minor changes and everything seems to be working fine , but let me fill the details .. Are the roundtrips slow?  --  Yes physical memory    82 CPU Utilization 30 am using sap Netweaver 7.3 THe Db is installed in the same Server and the DB is SQL 2008 r2 the application is a sandbox system trace level has been set to 1 As of now there are no network issues that could slowdown the round trips We are facing issue with the Initial load .. .  the price list are not being displayed in the web site.. Earliest response is highly appreciated. Thanks and Regards, Kaushik G

patrickzimmerma
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

please file an OSS ticket and open your system so I can check. Without numbers for round trip times from HTTP watch or similar it's hard to tell anyway.

Please put it to component WEC-IFS,

Kind regards,
Patrick

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick, The system is a sandbox system and I would like to confirm a small detail .. I had installed the system in a non domain environment ( STANDALONE) , so does it have any effect with the roundtrip. thanks and regards, kaushik G

patrickzimmerma
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

as I said - there are so many factors influencing the speed.

You didn't give any numbers regarding hardware the system is running on:
Type, speed, number of CPU's
Memory settings
Disk settings
DB settings

And so on. Which sizing guide did you follow?
Which version of WCEM with PL, J2EE and so on do you have?

What do you mean with "trace level 1"? Is this Errors only or debug info? How much lines of trace do you get per time?

You have a license for WCEM, hence you might be entitled for support - please check. Even if it is a sandbox system we can have a look at it if you provide WTS access.
Please file a OSS ticket or provide more comprehensive information, I don't see any chance to help you here without it.

BTW: What do you mean with "Initial load"? Of what: WCB? Application? Just the first call of the application after server restart is slow? This is quite normal as there are lots of one time initializations, but the following calls should be much faster.

Kind regards,
Patrick

Answers (0)