cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Revenue for RA from Sales Order vs Revenue Plan

Former Member

Hi Experts,

The requirement is that RA (revenue based with POC) looks at planned revenue from the sales order for valuation. However in all plan vs Actual standard PS Reports we want to see the revenue plan from cost element planning. ie CJR2.

How can this be made possible?

Currently all the PS Reports pulls the revenue plan from Sales Order based on the OPSB setting. How can we make reports show the cost element revenue plan (CJR2) BUT still  use sales order revenue for RA purpose?

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

In Result Analysis configuration . Define line id, In this transaction create a Id which is used for not considering in RA ( Example , I have created NCR id ). In OKG5  Map the Revenue  cost element that you want not to be  considered IN RA to  NCR in field ReqToCap.  In OKG4 Add NCR  and select N Cost not to be included.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

Thanks for the reply. However I am not sure if we are on same page.

I guess my question was not clear..let me explain

I created sales order of value $ 1000 and billing plan say Sept =$800, Oct =$100, Nov= $100

Now the same value will show up in the PS Plan vs Actual report as planned revenue with similar break up period wise.

The same total value is also used by the RA as planned revenue for its calculation.

Till now its Good.

However, now I also want to plan revenue with cost element (same plan revenue element used by SO) using t-code CJR2 for that WBS in version 0. But here I plan Sept=300, Oct = 300, Nov=400.

I want to make sure that this plan shows up as standard PS Plan vs Actual report. But I don't want this total revenue plan to be used for calculation in RA (although both are same value).

Does the solution you mentioned work for this?

Thanks,

Krishna

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Let me get it right..

1) you have planned revenue  from sales order , let us say the revenue element is X .

2) Now you  want plan using revenue element X in Cjr2.  Then in your  reports plan vs actual you want show figures you have maintain in CJR2.  But for RA you want use  Planned revenue from Sales order.

If i am right till here.

Then best solution would be make use of versions in SAP PS .

Generally Sales order revenue would be in version 0.  In CJR2 you create Version 1 plan revenue and copy all cost to this version 1 and use version 1 plan vs actual reporting.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right Vengaiah! That's my exact requirement.

So isn't there any other way? I was wondering in OPSB has something to play around with.

Currently I have checked the "Automatic revenue plan" from Sales order in the planning profile.

what if I remove this this? Does it have any impact of Result Analysis or will it pick planned revenue from CJR2 in that case?

Thanks,

Krishna

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

RA will pick the Planned revenue even if you have done revenue  planning cjr2. Provided the revenue element has to be mapped in OKG4 to revenue category..

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

When I uncheck sales order from OPSB(automatic rev plan), and maintain revenue plan using same cost element in CJR2, then it picks the CJR2 value for the RA valuation.

ie.

if SO value= x

CJR2 = y

The reports are showing y (which is what I need)

but the RA is also picking Y . That's not the requirement. RA should always pick X from the sales order.

Any suggestions? Appreciate your time..

Krishna

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirshna,

This is what i was try to tell you in my pervious comment. RA will not consider Whether you have Revenue Element in OPSB. RA Will consider the cost elements that you have assigned category in OKG4.  just open OKG4 and see that you can understand that config.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

I think I am now getting what you are trying to say.

So, no matter we have sales order or rev plan in CJR2, the RA will pick for valuation only based on what cost element is specified in OKG5/OKG4 ?

I checked OKG4, I don't have the said cost element there..may be OKG4 is for creation only in my case.

I do see the cost element in OKG5. May be if I remove it from there, then RA will pick the appropriate cost element for valuation.

I probably need to use a separate revenue cost element for planning in CJR2 alone so its purpose is only for PS reports.

Thanks,

Krishna

Answers (0)