cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant maintenance different at every location

0 Kudos

HI experts

Can you please explain how t.code OX10 may help me to align the plant maintenance.

We have various different plants set up already and there has not been any standardization carried out to align the DC plants or the sales plants.

We have a main DC(09) which is used to process stock purchases from our suppliers, however there has been a recent change in process which has seen direct shipments made to another DC(06). There is a third DC(07) which also processes purchases for different suppliers and is used as the main distribution location for end users.

When I checked the plant maintenance to see why some BOM's set up in DC06 were not driving the forecast into our factory I have found the following differences in set up.

DC06 plant maintenance.

Sales

Purchasing

MRP

Storage

Accounting

DC09

Sales

Purchasing

MRP

Storage

Accounting

Warehouse Management

DC07

Sales

Purchasing

Storage

Accounting

Warehouse management

Costing

The BOM's set up against plant DC09 are working as expected, but when we have set up DC 06 BOM's they are not showing the demand at the factory and I think it is down to how the plants are configured.

My question to you all is as follows. If we add Warehouse management into DC06, will this allow the BOM detail to be picked up by our factory? or is there another setting I have yet to find in the various forum search engines?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To answer one of your questions: No the warehouse management has nothing to do with  bill of materials and how the material is planned. Compare your values in the MRP views

0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen

We are having the problem with the BOM's since we set up in location DC06, whereby the forecast demand is not showing for the child sku's in DC07 for related sub locations.

Total demand showing from APO is 1498, however demand showing in R3 is only 1423 because we have 75 units allocated to location linked to DC06. there is no forecast against the child sku, but the parent sku has a forecast which is no longer showing in R3.

I have tried to match the MRP set up for DC06 parent sku (which was working perfectly until the DC06 BOM was set up). the only difference remaining is the warehouse check code, which points to the local warehouse, rather than the central as these are local product variants created from the BOM.

This is why I have started to look at the warehouse management as a possible solution to the problem, however if as you say this is unrelated, then I'm not sure why the BOM table would not be working for these units.

Previously all BOM related activity was linked to DC09, which is a collective purchasing location, but the change in process has seen the use of DC06 for local product changes. I had initially thought that the BOM usage type was the driver for this error, however researching the forum corrected that idea.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

initially you had not mentioned APO at all.

Let me move this discussion to the APO space, there I expect the experts who know APO and its interface to R/3