Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approach to design entity for description details

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose I have a UI5 screen where-in I am going to display purchase order header details (from zekko copied from ekko with limited fields) .For that I created a odata webservice with entity having the fields Ebeln , Bukrs, Bstyp, Bsart , Statu, Lifnr.

Now in my frontend , i also to want to display description for some of the above fields for eg. description for bukrs , bstyp, bsart , lifnr(vendor name for corresponding vendor number). These description will either come from some other table joined with ekko or from data element/domain list. In both cases , what will be the best approach to achieve this??

One way is I can add these description fields in the above entity itself and write a code in odata service to fetch them accordingly. But in that case , in future when I will implement CreateEntity method , the user from frontend will be forced to enter the description details as well since the same entity structure will be used in case of Create operation also.

Hence I wanted to know , what is the best practice followed in real time in such cases.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JyotiD
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is not mandatory to pass all the filed of entity from front-end.
You can keep them blank in payload, can perform operation in create entity method reading required properties.