cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After deleting a GL account centrally, why does it still shows at chart of Account level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am stuck with something kindly help.

I am trying to delete GL account from OBR2 and after marking for deletion for Company code and chart of account level.

It is still shows in the chart of account.

My client wants to delete the GL Centrally.

Any way out for this?

Regards,

Bhargav Jani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes after checking the log, it shows that chart of account data is used in another company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jani,

As per the note " 13583 - General G/L account master data cannot be deleted". I guess You can not delete the GL account in chart of Accounts level.

Only you can delete in Company code level.

Regards,

Ravi

surendra_kotha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

If the GL is being used by other co.code then we can't delete the GL at Chart of account level as it effects the other co.code using the COA.

surendra_kotha
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Bhargav,

Could you please verify that you have followed the below order while executing the OBR2...

1.  FS00 -  please provide GL account and co.code and select GL account at menu bar and select Deletion flag.. and set deletion flag for chart of account level and co.code level.

2. OBR2 - select delete GL accounts and give the GL account number for which deletion flag was set. select with general master data and provide co.code ...deselect test run and select delete per deletion flag and may select gl log.

3. OBR2 - select only general master data and give chart of accounts,deselect test run and select delete per deletion flag and may select gl log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes sir I have followed this path only, but after deleting, while I check in CC it does not show but it does shows in chart of accounts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you Delete the cost element, If it is P&L Account?

If not try to delete the cost element in KA04 first.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No sir it is balance sheet account.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the log of OBR2 after you complete the action? If this account is a part of some hierarchies, like financial statement version, for example, you won't be able to delete it without, first, excluding it from all the groups. Once done, OBR2 can delete G/L also centrally: there should be no problem with this.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked, there is no hierarchies, it issues a log which shows deletion is 0.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Switch 'G/L account detail log' and run it again. If it doesn't delete the account, then there is an obstacle, which should be shown in the log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes after checking the log, it shows that chart of account data is used in another company code.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, this wraps it up