cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model deleted from PowerDesigner repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on Power Designer 16.1, the repository is installed on a Linux server. I have an issue with the repository sometimes dropping my models, in most cases I am able to check-in the models to the repository and check-out correctly, but sometimes after I correctly check-in a model it seems that it is being deleted from the repository. I am not sure but I think the problem may occur when two (or more) people tries to check-in the same model at the same time (or overlapping), and that causes the model to dissapear from the repository. Any idea or workaround to fix this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_marques2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sabrine, that's a bit weird.Feels like PD is not "committing" the changes in repository, which would be

a major issue...

If two people are checking-in the same model, PD should create new versions so you should see

more versions than expected, not a missing model. But as it depends on the options used during

the check-in process, it might be the case.

Anyway, to try to figure it out I'd suggest you to take a look at Activities.As it works as a log/audit of

changes made to models and/or the repository, you might find something there. If two people are

checking-in the same model at the same time, it should be logged there.

You can also use "lock the model before check-out" to prevent other users from updating the same

model and see what happens. Anyone trying to update the model will receive a message.

Regards,

Eduardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the attachement bellow,  the screenshot of activity lists :

In red, we can see the checkin when the model is  lost and the only problem that I find for them, is that the path is missing during the checkin.

it seems that the path is lost because two user worked on the same model

do you have any idea about the raison of this problem

and if you can advise me to prevent the issue (proactive mode)

Message was edited by: Sabrine Moussa

Answers (0)