Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 8.0 Dispatcher not starting in Linux

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

i have installed IDM 8.0 in Linux  but i am getting this following error in starting.

**************************************************************************************************************

:oracle 62> ./dispatcherutil.sh test idm

MxDispatcher version: 8.0.0.0 Built: 28.11.2014 12:12:58 (c) Copyright 2008 SAP AG. All rights reserved.

Java VM: Oracle Corporation   Version: 1.7.0_79

Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.79.x86_64/jre

Java lib/ext: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.79.x86_64/jre/lib/ext:/usr/java/packages/lib/ext

CLASSPATH: /usr/sap/idm/identitycenter/Java:/usr/sap/idm/identitycenter/Java/mxdispatcher.jar:/usr/sap/idm/sapjvm_6/ojdbc6.jar

[05.10.2015 02:06:22-804] - Reading Db Info - STATEMENT PREPARED: SELECT INFOVALUE FROM MC_DBINFO where INFONAME='TYPENUM'

Full dispatcher identifier:idm@myserver

Dispatcher identifier prefix:idm@server

No dispatchers with this name (idm) appear to be running!

Cleaning all existing semaphores (starting with null)

com.sap.idm.db.exceptions.IdMDbException: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PLS-00201: identifier 'MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA' must be declared

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

at com.sap.idm.db.util.ExceptionUtil.HandleExceptions(ExceptionUtil.java:42)

at com.sap.idm.db.objutil.exec.JObjSPExecUtil.execAndReturnInt(JObjSPExecUtil.java:78)

at com.sap.idm.ic.services.dispatcher.MxDispatcher_DBCommonFacade.clrOwnSema(MxDispatcher_DBCommonFacade.java:223)

at com.sap.idm.ic.services.dispatcher.MxDispatcher_DBCommonFacade.clrAllOwnSemas(MxDispatcher_DBCommonFacade.java:230)

at com.sap.idm.ic.services.dispatcher.MxDispatcher.main(MxDispatcher.java:307)

Preparing dispatcher failed: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PLS-00201: identifier 'MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA' must be declared

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

*********************************************************************************************************

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

i am able to fix this issue.

Copy Keys.ini into /usr/sap/<SID>/idm/identitycenter/KEY/Keys.ini

and also please regenerate dispatcher scripts and system able to decrypt database string.

Regards,

Mohinder

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey. Help, the same error, but the key lies in the right place. But the error is the same. How to fix?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Evgeniy,

Running Linux? Then please make sure that the path is correct (must be case sensitive) and that your account has correct rights to execute the dispatcher script.

Matt

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

Linux, right.

Path is correct (((

/usr/sap/IDQ/identitycenter/

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmmm.... that's not the standard path. I think it's usually something like /usr/sap/IDQ/Identity Center, but I could be wrong.

I'd recommend reinstalling.  If that doesn't work, please start a new thread.  I think this is a different problem.

Matt

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

follow this instruction

1. create KEY (Capital Latters) folder under /usr/sap/<SID>/idm/identitycenter/

2. create symbolic link Key (K is capital) command : ln -s KEY Key

3. copy Keys.ini into KEY folder

4. Check Permission on folders (as per screenshot)

now your folder look like this screenshot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

Couple of quick things to consider:

1. Make sure you're using the latest release of IDM, the initial IDM 8.0 release did not work with LINUX.

2. Make sure that the service account for Oracle access has the correct permissions (you might need to re run the database install script) Also have your DBA check it out.

3. Make sure that the run time components are installed correctly per the documentation.

4. Last, but not least, try Oracle Java instead of Open Java.  There are some differences there.

Hope this helps!

Matt

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for Reply.

I found the issue actually  system not able to decrypt database string which is in prop file, i have manually edit and enter details in plane text now dispatcher is working.

Regards

Mohinder

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so please mark this as closed, but if that's the case, make sure the Keys.ini is on the server and is accessible to the dispatcher.

Also the service account needs the proper permissions to read Keys.ini.  I've encountered these issues before and documented them here: IdM Thoughtplace: Doing a LINUX Based Victory Lap

Regards,

Matt

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

How to check this "Also the service account needs the proper permissions to read Keys.ini"

Regards,

Mohinder

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

You can use the command "LS" like "ls -l <file name with path>"

Kind regards,

Jai

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jai,

I know this command, I thought matt saying something different. my file permissions are file 775. its readable for everyone.

and idmadm user have full permission on that files.

I have opened OSS for that let see what they reply.

Regards,

Mohinder