cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded component tab opens in Edit mode by default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have added custom tab Notes in appointment and we have noticed a strange issue recently that it is opening in Edit mode by default when we open any appointment.This is wrong, the custom tab should also open in display mode just like any other standard tab.Can you please suggest how to resolve this issue? We have added custom tab in opportunity as well, we have same issue there as well.

Regards

Jayasri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue got resolved after we unchecked the relevant for work protect html5 check box for all events defined in our Embedded component.

Regards

Jayasri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately this didn't solved the issue for us.

Jayasri, which kind of event and operation you used ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

I didn't implement any events to get the EC screen in display mode. I meant to say, if you have any events defined in the controller tab of EC screen, and if you see the flag Relevant for workprotect HTML5 as checked in any of those events, just uncheck them , activate the EC and load the document in UI.You would be able to see the custom tab as well in Display mode.

Regards

Jayasri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasri,

I understood that and I made exactly what you wrote. I was asking which kind of Operation were in the events because maybe this solutions works only for some kind of Operations.

By the way, i have the ENTIRE Account TI opened in edit mode, not only the EC area. The field of the custom object binded to the EC are not showed in the EC. In the EC there's only a link that points to an URL Mashup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have events to execute query operation and also to call custom actions.

Seems your scenario is different as the entire document is opening up in edit mode for you.

Regards

Jayasri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasi,

does it mean when i embedded a standard EC in my EC and the standard EC is relevant to work protect, my EC will be open in edit mode?

Best

Linh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linh,

I meant to say, we had faced this issue, when we are embedding custom EC into standard BO(For ex.Appointment) as a new tab. Hope this gives clear answer.

Regards

Jayasri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

When we open a custom EC for a Individual customer in browser it opens in display mode(as expected). Howeverwhen we open the same EC for same Individual customer in another browser by another login user, it opens in EDIT mode.

Can someone please help .This is urgent .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Notes Tab was available in older version, but now you may add those as part of overview or other tabs in Appointments. However this is just for information... 🙂

If you add some custom tab, check the extension fields added in the tab are marked as read only.

Also check if you see same behavior in case of adding some fields in existing tabs.

Actual there is no direct relation of visibility property with tabs, so either you add fields in custom tab or in existing tabs..it should behave similar way. Please confirm.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I' m experiencing the same behaviour described by

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

where you able to solve that problem? If so, can you share your solution?

Thanks