Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3 - HTML GUI non responsive

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of implementing SAP Screen Personas 3. We are on Personas 3 SP1.

When we ran /PERSONAS/ADMIN a flag came up that we should upgrade our kernel to patch 200. After we applied the kernel patch our HTML GUI became completely unresponsive. Nothing happens when you click anywhere.

Has any one experienced something like this before?

Kind Regards

Deon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are occasional dependencies between the kernel version and the Personas client version - did you upgrade the client to the latest one, via OSS note 2179045, or just the kernel? It is possible that an old client might behave this way with a new kernel. I'd recommend upgrading them both in step.

Steve.

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response! We first implemented OSS note 2179045 and then upgraded to Kernel 200. Is there anything else we can look at?

Kind Regards

Deon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything is green now in the health check?

If so, then I can only suggest creating an OSS incident for this. There's nothing that immediately springs to my mind that could be causing it.

Steve.

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Do you perhaps know if there are any Java limitations/requirements for the HTML Gui?

Kind Regards

Deon

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no Java requirements that I am aware of, no.

Steve.

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We have 1 last red light. Global Memory. What does that mean? Do you think it can have an influence?

Kind Regards

Deon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've certainly had similar issues when my memory configuration was wrong. A yellow light for memory should be OK, especially in dev/qa environments, but a red light is likely to cause problems. You should certainly fix that.

Steve.

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We managed to get it working . Our basis guru deleted/re-extracted the kernel back into the filesystem path. Stopped/started the system. Seems the kernel extract was not done correctly initially.

Whoohoo

Thanks for your help and all the guidance.

Deon.

Answers (0)