cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration PI7.1 to P0 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently I am working for migrating PI7.1 to PI7.4 system. It would be great some one light on below questions.

1. SLD Migration: How do we migrate SLD objects from 7.1 to 7.4, Do we have o manually create all objects or is there any option available.

2. ESR Objects: We are planning to create FTP transports from PI7.1 Prod and Import them to PO7.4 DEV. after that planning to move using CTS+.

Let us know if it is right, or any other best way to do so?

3.ID Objects: Planning to create FTP TPZ files scenario/ICO wise. In 7.4 SLD, Planning to Map(business System) PROD->DEV first and then import the created TPZs scenario wise. After that CTS + as usual.

4.I have seen some SAP standard tool can be accessed using below standard URL. Which converts Classical to ICOs, We can use this in our requirement, But we are planning to create I flows, Is this tool can be used to create iflows? Also, How do we move iflows after creating in Dev system.

(https://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~pi~tools~dirmig~wd/DirectoryCockpit)

5. Also, How do we move iflows after creating in Dev system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

creating all sld objects manually is not required.

you can export and import into new system. products,swcv,technical systems and business systems can be transported.

i would suggest export and import for at least products,swcv,technical systems. if you want, you can create business systems manually as it is easy to create.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d644...

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Inthiyaz,

1. SLD Migration: How do we migrate SLD objects from 7.1 to 7.4, Do we have o manually create all objects or is there any option available.

You need manually create.

2. ESR Objects: We are planning to create FTP transports from PI7.1 Prod and Import them to PO7.4 DEV. after that planning to move using CTS+.

Let us know if it is right, or any other best way to do so?

I guess you can do it, But if there is CCBPM you can't transport them.

ID Objects: Planning to create FTP TPZ files scenario/ICO wise. In 7.4 SLD, Planning to Map(business System) PROD->DEV first and then import the created TPZs scenario wise. After that CTS + as usual.

I would suggest manual config as there might new AAE channels in 7.4.

4.I have seen some SAP standard tool can be accessed using below standard URL. Which converts Classical to ICOs, We can use this in our requirement, But we are planning to create I flows, Is this tool can be used to create iflows? Also, How do we move iflows after creating in Dev system.

(https://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~pi~tools~dirmig~wd/DirectoryCockpit)

5. Also, How do we move iflows after creating in Dev system.

IFlow you need to create in NWDS.you need to maintain track in NWDS and then transport them.

Refer the below link for more infy.