cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make mass release for work order faster in IW38?

former_member201296
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While releasing the work orders in mass say (80 order which takes appx ONE hour to get relased).

So my question is that is there any way we can make this to happen bit faster I mean any settings/configuration so that it doen't take long?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

You could use transaction KOK2 (Collective processing for internal orders).

Create a selection variant in order to select the internal orders you have created.

This takes you to collective processing.

Select the orders to be changed and go Edit/ Change Status/Release.

Regards

Vivek

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure you are replying to the Context?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi Prakash,

Close thread if you are done. Also you have years old open threads.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I have just tested what I suggested in the enhancement option above. It is working well. Put the code attached herewith, in the include ZXWOCU07 of user-exit IWO10009.

What does this code do is:

• At the time of Saving an Order it looks for the Order status and the value in 'Sort field' field. If it finds the Order status as 'CRTD' and Sort field value as 'RELEASE' then it converts the Order status to REL.
  • Now having achieved this, in IW38, select your 80 Orders and from menu Order > Cayry-out a mass change, when you change the Sort field value to 'RELEASE', you would find all the Orders turn to 'REL' status simultaneously.
  • If this sounds useful, get it done with your ABAPer and see this working. (Now it is a small job)

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

It should not take 1 hour to release 80 orders even in foreground...

I would first check if its one of your own developments causing the issue.

Get your ABAP Team to put a trace on the transaction before you run the mass-release.

Once the mass-release is complete, review the trace and see if there is anything obvious.

PeteA

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi Prakash,

• In standard method I would go for LSMW, which is the simplest thing. LSMW when run in Background mode takes hardly few seconds for 80 Orders.
  • As you asked for IW38, you can experiment one innovative method. Put a code in user-exit IWO10009 which changes the Order status from CRTD to REL (use fm 'STATUS_CHANGE_INTERN'), when a field say 'Sort field' of Order turns to a specified value (say 'Release'). Means when we give value 'Release' in 'Sort field' field of an Order (status CRTD) and Save, then the Order status changes to REL. If you have achieved this, then from IW38 , through 'Carry out a mass change' option when you change the 'Sort field' value of the set of your 80 CRTD Orders (to 'Release') then all these Orders should turn into REL status within no time.
  • The second one is an idea can be tried by your ABAPer. If you know LSMW the first one is the answer.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao