cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery address in PO for Third Party Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I understand that the Delivery address in a Third-party scenario Purchase Order is defaulted from the Ship-to address of the corresponding Sales Order and is greyed out in the Purchase Order. We have a requirement in my current project that the Delivery address might need to be changed directly in the PO instead of SO for logistics reasons. Is there a way (e.g. through enhancements) that the Delivery address can be opened up for editing in the PO for third party scenario orders?

Regards

Arijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit,

How logistics comes in the picture in case of third party sales process??

We should understand the logic behind grey mode of Address fields in PO. Address details comes from customer only if we change the address in PO directly it means procurement department may change the address of delivery without informing customer or sales department of the company and logically it should not be ...

however SR Kumar suggested you oss notes to change the address in PO directly BUT I would like to understand your requirement in details.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant

There is a requirement here that the PO processing team needs to amend the Delivery address in the PO; the SO is handled by another team, hence, they do want any dependency.

Regards

Arijit

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Arjit,

However you may change address in PO directly using thorough OSS notes BUT I have below concerns.

If any changes happened in delivery address by mistake than who will be responsible Sales dept or Procurement Dept ??

How sales Dept will come to know Delivery address have been change ??

It could be discrepancy that Delivery address in PO and SO are different.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP Help, You can only change the address data for the ship-to party in the sales order for third-party business transactions, and not in the purchase order.

You can refer the below note :

2180088 - ADRNR field not updated for Recurring Third Party Orders

which provides a work-around which can be modified as per your requirement.

Regards,

SRK

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arijit,

please explain those logistical reasons. The delivery address is "agreed" in the sales order and this information flows to the subsequent documents (for OTC it flows to the outbound delivery etc.). Based on your customer's demand, you have noted the where the delivery of goods should happen in the order, and this you will follow during the shipping activities, therefore its greyed out in the PO.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The PO and SO are handled by different teams in our project. Hence, direct changes in the PO are required by the PO handling team.

Regards

Arijit