Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian Payroll - LIC Membership Fee_Service Tax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

Kindly suggest some solution for the below case related to LIC Membership fee

Requirement: Client is paying LIC premium on behalf of employee and same is been recovering as Membership fee in their every month Payroll. As discussed with client that they wanted to recover the LIC premium amount and Service tax separately and they are paying separately to LIC office.

If we add both service tax and Premium amount in same wage type and recover in Payroll, as per section 88 investments only premium amount is eligible to get the exemption, so we cannot add both the amount and same need to recover separately.

If we recover separately, then we are facing the issue with deduction priorities, if the employee is not having sufficient amount to deduct Premium then system will deduct only service tax amount (i.e employee is having sufficient amount for service tax deduction) and Premium will go for ARRRS, which is not correct i.e without premium amount we are recovering only Service tax amount.

Kindly through some light on the above issue to get the solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkat_polisetty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Kindly let me know Is there any calculation process behind Service tax?

Based on LIC Membership Fee Is there any calculation?

If yes, you can directly generate Service tax amount with using PCR with the respective condition (when LIC Membership will Deduct then only deduct Service tax also) including the calculation and Insert this Rule after processing of deduction priorities.

Regards,

Venkat Polisetty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Here different policies are having different percentages of service tax and few ploicies are not having service tax, hence they we suggested them to maintain manually in separate wage type mannually.

kindly suggest me.

Regards,

Antony

venkat_polisetty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Hence client has respective policies regarding Service Tax calculation.

Better you include all those policies in a Rule and Insert as suggested, this will resolve your query.

Otherwise go for a custom function.

Regards,

Venkat Polisetty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

If the employee is having only the amount to the extent of Premium, in that case how will we recover the service tax (i.e, example: if the Premium amount is Rs:500 & service tax to be deducted is Rs:50 and totally for this policy in this month to be deducted is Rs:550/- and employee is having only Rs:500 and how will we go ahead)

Regards,

Antony

venkat_polisetty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Then go for custom function as per your requirement. I think we can achieve this through PCR's also but you should have good knowledge on rules then only you can achieve this kind of scenarios, otherwise go for custom function.

Regards,

Venkat Polisetty

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Your query is if Premium is not deducting then service tax should not be deducted.

And you are using two different wage type. So before the priority table you have to merge the two wage types amount pass that. This wage type will be generated internally and will be played into deduction part from the gross salary as total.

Say suppose your two wage type is XXXX (LIC Premium) & YYYY (Service Tax). Remove the cumulation class 10 tick from V_512W_D table for this two wage type. Creat a third wage type as ZZZZ as deduction wage type where it's cumulation class 10 will be ticked.

After function P0057 you will insert the below PCR with PIT function.

ZTST

ADDWT *

XXXX

ADDWT *

AMT=  XXXX

AMT+  YYYY

ADDWT ZZZZ

This wage type ZZZZ will be played for deduction and deduction priority case also. Where wage type XXXX will be used for tax exemption case.

Remove Wage type XXXX & YYYY from the deduction table priority V_51P6 where only insert wage type ZZZZ.

Check and let me know.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

1) Create a new wage type (LIC +Service tax). For this wage type, cumulation class 10 should be checked and for the other two (separate LIC & service tax wage types), uncheck cumulation class 10). This new wage type will be internally generated through PCR.

2) Write a PCR ZSUM to add the individual LIC & Service tax amounts into this new wage type. The PCR will be something like this:

<lic wage type>

ADDWT <new wage type>

ADDWT *

<service tax wage type>

ADDWT <new wage type>

ADDWT *

Call the new PCR above the PRPRI function:

PIT ZSUM <blank> NOAB

3) In the Deduction priorities table (V_T51p6), do not create entries for the individual LIC & service tax wage types. Instead create an entry for the new wage type.