Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New number scheme

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I would like to maintain new commodity codes for non-EU countries (UAE, Russia and Switzerland) in GTS system for EXPORT only.

What configuration steps do I need to follow ?

Do I need to define any new numbering scheme if so how and which one I should refer ?

Anything needs to be configure for Unit of measure ?

Appreciate if you can confirm at the earleist.

Thanks

Sitanshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sitanshu,

Please follow below mentioned steps to define and upload scheme.

1. Define a Numbering Scheme

SPRO-SAP Global Trade Services- General settings- Numbering Schemes-‘Define Numbering Scheme for Tariff Code Numbers-Define Numbering Scheme for Commodity Codes’ for export

Please note Structure should be same as provided by data provider.

2. Define a Unit of Measurement System and assign it to new number scheme.

Choose ‘General Settings-Numbering Schemes-Define Units of Measure System

Please note UOMs should be same as provided by data provider.

3.    3. Assign Numbering Schemes to Legal Regulations of the Application Areas

Select Assign scheme for commodity code and define new scheme for legal regulations with validity dates.

Content Upload

Commodity code can be upload manually or through XML file provided by provider but it depends on initial upload, I mean if first upload is manually then it cannot be uploaded automatically in future and vice versa.

Path: /SAPSLL/MENU_LEGAL - SAP GTS Area Menu-Customs Management-Classifications-Classifications master data-Commodity codes.

Tcode for manual upload: /SAPSLL/LLNS_102

Tcode for automatic upload: /SAPSLL/LLNS_UPL102 (Here we need to define data provider BP first)

Upload XML files (multiple files can be selected at the same time) and Text file at the same time.

Thanks

Jitendra

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra,

Nice explanation.

One small doubt. We are using  same commodity code for UAE and Russia in that case do I need to define ZUAE for both. And for Switzerland do I need to define another Number scheme ?

We manufacture auto components.

Appreciate if you can confirm at the earliest.

Thanks

Sits

thomasrausch
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sitanshu,

as far as I know you have to assign the number scheme via Global Trade Services->General Settings->Numbering Schemes->Assign Numbering Schemes to Legal Regulations of the Application Areas.

Here you can Assign Scheme for Commodity Codes for all your Legal Regulations

e.g. Legal Regulation  :      ATLAS Customs Processing - Germany (ATLAS)

Valid form             :      01.07.2007

Scheme for Import:      EUSTA

Scheme for Export:     ZEUST

So you have to figure out, which scheme do you need for your actitivies.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sitanshu,

Ideally we should have different commodity code number scheme to avoid any issue in future. Anyhow you can use same commodity code for one or more countries if structure of commodity codes for these countries are same.Please ensure that commodity codes are assigned to both legal regulations(UAE and Russia).

Thanks

Regards

Jitendra Singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sitanshu

In SPRO of GTS, goto GTS-->General Settings-->Numbering Schemes--> Define Numbering scheme for comodity codes. Here you can create a new entry and define structure, Unit of measure etc.

Thanks

Jaagrit Hooda

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jaagrit,

So in configuration I should use "Define Number scheme for commodity code" ?

For UAE What which field I needs to active and deactivate and where to assign mean which legal regulation ? Please let provide the details.

Thanks

Sits

thomasrausch
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sits,

first look at

http://www.foreign-trade.com/reference/hscode.htm

Here you find the Definition of the UAE. Then follow the customizing path that Jaagrit mentioned.

First define your Number Scheme e.g. ZUAE. Then define the structure of the number scheme:

you have three Levels e.g. 01 - Live Animals

0101 - horses, asses, mules and hinnies, live

010111 - Purebred breeding animals

So the structure has also three Levels. E.G.

10 2 0 Exact Length UAE Chapter

20 4 0 Exact Length UAE Heading

30 6 0 Exact Length UAE Subitem

Then define Unit of Measurement Systems for Numbering System. Take EU_0001. Define Maintenance of Customs Products e.g.01 material 1 Valid-From and Valid-To Dates Can Be Maintained.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Thomas

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

We are using UAE and Russia same commodity code in that case I need to define ZUAE for both. And for Switzerland I need to define another Number scheme ?

We manufacture for auto components.

Second thing once I define Number scheme then I will upload commodity code through XML file from our data provider. Then it will automatically fit into the structure ?

Thanks

Sits

thomasrausch
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sits,

I don't know anything about upload process, sorry. Can you get a description of the structure from your Provider? Then you can check your definition against the structure. On the other Hand the trail and error Methode will be quit appropriate. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Regards,

Thomas