cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Controls based on events

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am very interested in creating controls in Process Control based on events. Could you please tell me about the steps to create them?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John, When creating a central control you have the option to trigger the control by date or event. When making the control an event-based control, you have the option to associate to a event-based business rule. In this case, the time frame is not considered. BR, Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Fernando your reply.

My question is how to create this event and where.

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Baithi,

Could you please provide me with an example of when to use the PC Control based on events?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards,

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Even i don't have much information on this except below.

Event is also one of scenario in data source creation

Event based will be triggered on occurrence of events (for example, network monitoring) and it monitors contents in network pattern Ex:suspicious pattern

This uses triggers from the back-end system and then raises the alerts in Process Control directly, rather than waiting for a regular scheduled job to run. This is the closest you get to real-time monitoring, as it raises the exception based upon the configured thresholds.

event-driven monitoring require some external 'event engine' to determine when an event has been triggered which should be sent to Process Control. This can be Cisco or other external software.

i know it is less information,hope helps you

Regards

Baithi