cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production of Annual Financials with Notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We deployed SAP ECC6.0 EHP6 few years ago.

We are still converting to IFRS but the SAP deployed was under local GAAP. we are unable to prepare our financial statements with various notes even under our local GAAP as we were informed that the basic SAP cannot produce that except we deploy a Business Intelligence and perhaps a BPC. What we found out on the system is an FSV with drop down nodes which does not meet our requirements.

My questions are:

1. Does it mean that SAP cannot be customised/built to draw up such reports?

2. What add-on is/are needed to meet our requirements in that regard,

3. What modules are needed for financial consolidation.

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

What i meant was that we were made to understand that the SAP deployed to my organisation is not IFRS Compliant. Reason, i don't know.

Also, financial reports therefrom are just the Balance Sheet and Profit or Loss Accounts drawn with FSV - Financial Statements Version. These do not meet our legal/staturory requirements.

It was based on these i asked those questions.

I guess i am clear now?

Regards.

Rafiu

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can accept the fact, that some of standard reports don't meet your local legislation, but this doesn't mean that SAP basic modules are not capable to provide the relevant reports. After all, you can develop your own, which will fit your requirements. Usage of BPC and other add-ons should be justified by cost-benefit analysis.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Eli.

Regards.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You said that you were informed that SAP cannot produce reports in a format of IFRS? From where did you obtain this information?

As to your question, they are very vague, as your precise requirements are not specified. If you have doubts about financial reporting in SAP, I'd suggest you to look for available material on this subject; there is plenty of information also on SCN platform.

Regards,

Eli