cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Socket Error on Work Manager 6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I´ve managed to install SMP 3.0 and load the work manager Application following the guide and wit ha littler help from this forum. The issue im now facing is that when i check the event log file from the management cockpit i see an error in work manager initialization. The error is as follows: UNKNOWN, Unknown socket error, ..\Socket\win32\sockets.cpp#1438:ListeningStreamSocket::OSListeningSocket::listenOn I have attached my event log in case there is something else there that can be of any help to identify this issue. Hopefully someone will be able to help me Thanks Nicolas Navarro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The socket error would be caused when the server tries to open the HTTP Lison on port, but finds out it already in use.

Can you go to <FQDN>:8081/SAPWM to see if you get the message "I am here"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

I´ve checked <FQDN>:8081/SAPWM and i see the "I am here" message.

Checked the logs and the error is still there.

Checked the list on my ipdad Agentry App and i cant see it listed, nor i can connecto to it setting the connection mannually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SMP 3, the Agentry applications don't broadcast their location when they connect.

When to you go to https:\\<FQDN>:8081/SAPWM , do you get a certificate issue?

Have you installed the smp_crt.cer file on the iPad?

What version of the Agentry Client are you using?

What error is shown when you try to connect to the URL?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen thanks for your promt reply.

Answering your questions:

When i enter https://<FQDN>:8081/SAPWM from the server i get  no errors, i did had to intall the certificates in the trusted root thou.

I sent the certificate via mail to the ipad and installed it as a trusted certificate. Also tried on iPhone.

I tried the following versions:

Agentry v6.0.56.0

Agentry v6.1.6.42

Agentry Client v70.9.4.4

When i try to connect to the url in my pc or in the server I can Access the "i am here" page ok. When i try from any of the agentry clients i get:

Requesting public key from Server

Communications error (14)

Connection failed

Endin transmission

with every versión.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are using SMP 3, the only client you should be using is v70.9.4.4.  The others will not work.
Communication Error (14) means the following:

1) No network path available to the SMP Server
2) The client didn't pass the certificate check

Do you get the I am here page, from the iPad?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you open Safari on the ipad and go to https://<FQDN>:8081/SAPWM what response do you get?  Do you get the "I am here!" message?

If not then you have a name resolution issue or networking issue preventing the ipad from communicating to the SMP3 server.

You should be using the Agentry Client v70.9.4.4 version only.  The other two are for older versions of the platform and will not work with SMP3.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally got it working after going to the "I am here page" on safari and making the certificate trusted, seems that even if you install the certificate i wont trust it till you go into safary and say its a trusted certificate.

Thanks a lot for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help i had to set the certificate to trusted in safari, i had installed it in root certificates but seems that alone wasnt enough.

Answers (0)