cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure receiver IDoc_AAE channel for xml character set UTF - 8

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I having a scenario for the conversion of File to IDoc, where I need to configure the receiver IDoc_AAE channel for xml character-set to UTF-8.

Please share the IDoc_AAE receiver module configurations for achieving this..

Thanks

RK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your great support.

Actually I tried for Chinese characters and source code page file, Sender file adapter channel is already set to UTF-8. The actually conversion is happening at Mapping level where we used java mapping.

More over code is perfectly working in NWDS and the same is not working at mapping level after importing jars into PI system.

We got the solution with the way jars being created by setting the option as OTHERS : UTF-8 in the Runconfigurations-> common tab  in NWDS and then extracted the jars  Seems these configurations also saved in some class file of the jars and then imported into PI. Now working perfectly fine

Special thanks to Stephen & Raghuraman for your kind support.

Cheers,

Raj.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice to hear Raj..

Pleas close the thread

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

I have tried with module configuration as stated above in receiver IDoc channle, but still actual language text is not coming and some junk text is coming inspite of actual language, checked in target systems too.

Stefan,

Yes, that true PI treats with urf-8 only.

For us, Sender File channel is using module configurations plain2XML and content type is utf-8 itself. When we checked the payload source payload having actual foreign language and target payload is not getting that foreign language.

In ESR, we are using 2 message mappings. 1. Java code., 2. one to one mapping.

Mapping is working fine, but issue is only with language conversion.

Cheers,

Raj

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Then try for the other code conversions

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

For this you need to change the Character-Set from OS-level. Can you please let me know what are those special characters? Are those Russian characters? Then try using character encoding as ISO-8859-5.

Regards,

Nitin

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When your source message is not UTF-8, then set the correct source code page value to the sender file adapter channel. This is the correct and only way to handle this. And before you start wild guessings: Ask your project lead or project members for the code page of the file. In my experience, files are mostly cp1252 (Windows latin 1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to change the encoding of the file content to UTF-8, you have to do it in the file adapter channel. As PI works internally always with UTF-8, there is no need to do anything special for the Idoc adapter.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Try this

AF_Modules/TextCodepageConversionBean   Local Enterprise Bean   Convert

Convert                                Conversion.charset     utf-8

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79f...