cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish SAP Lumira extension to Lumira Server for BI Platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

anyone who can tell me how the third party extensions can be installed on the SAP Lumira Server for BI platform?

We are trying to make use of all capacities of SAP Lumira.  Currently we are mainly focussing on the desktop, but are planning a roll out on our BI platform server.

Within some reports we have used third party extension to have some extra visualization possibilities.  How can we make sure that the reports having those visualizations keep on running on the server?  When they are now opened on the server a message appears that the extension with id X is missing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

With Lumira Server for BIP release 1.29, we have a feature to upload Lumira extensions.

in SAP Lumira server for BIP, go CMC home -> application -> choose SAP Lumira-> extension -> here upload the extension zip.

in case of Data access extension, please restart the Lumira server.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Raghu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hello Jorn,

the feature to install / manage extensions for Lumira 4 Server is planned in our roadmap and is planned in one of our upcoming releases.

right now as Tammy mentioned, extensions usage is only available for Lumira Desktop.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

thanks for your update.

Since the update cycle of SAP Lumira has changed from Monthly to Quarterly, this could mean that we are Q2 or Q3 (only 3 releases), before this feature comes available.  Am I right?

Can you be more precise on the "one of our upcoming" releases?  Is this planned for near future?

Raghu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jorn,

Right now i have nothing more to add. Please watch our "new features" announcement and roadmap presentations call in the community.

Cheers

Raghu

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello - at this time I don't see a way to install extensions

Looking at the official SAP Help for Lumira at http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_128_dae_dev_en.pdf it talks about "Future compatibility with SAP Lumira server products, such as SAP Lumira Edge, and SAP Business Intelligence Platform"