cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOP initial data load - data migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have one question related to the SOP process and structures.

My client is using ECC - SOP as a starting point for the sales and operations planning process, generating future forecast through the std algorithms that are available in SAP ECC.

As the ECC SAP system is "live" since 2014, there's not much historical data to be extracted from sales tables in ECC (VBAK, VBAP, VBEP etc etc) in order to populate the key figure "historical data" in structure "S076".

My questions are:

- is it possibile to load historical data extracted from the "old" system, so that the key figure is populated with data prior to ECC go-live?

- if the answer to the previous question is yes, are these "data migration" tools normally built as custom objects under client specification or is any ECC STD tool available in order to perform massa data load into this structures?

In my previous projects we did the same in order to load historica sales data in APO - DP: we populated the infocube through initial data migration.

I guess the same can be done with ECC-SOP structures,

Thanks for your help and attention.

regards

Mauro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mauro

You can use an IDOC of the standard basic type SOPGEN01 to upload data to the infostrucure.

Best regards
Caetano Almeida

Answers (0)