cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New license installed for DEMOSYSTEM but not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I could successfully obtain and install the new license for my expired trial system NSP. However, when I restart the system and logon the error persists: Logon not possible (error in license check).

By logon to 001 with sap* and /nslicense I can see the newly installed license with green light and reasonable Valid To date, but the License Expiration Date under 'Current Settings' is still the expired one, as shown in the screen shot attached.

What's the problem here?

thanks,

XM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have any licenses at the "old licenses" screen?

Click the "old licenses" button at the top of SLICENSE.

If you have any licenses there, delete them.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried but sap* is not allowed to delete the old license though sap* is the only user I can now use to logon to the system.

any suggestion?

thanks,

XM

Akashcm10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

thanks for the reply.  I logged on both 000 and 001 with sap* and met the same problem: "... SAP* is never allowed to delete a license." as shown in the snapshot posted earlier.

I tried 'saplikey' command at OS level to show the list of installed licenses and found only one (the newly installed with valid 'Valid to' date) listed.

thanks,

XM

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Installed license is not correct type.

you need to Install License for NetWeaved_ADA

(you have installed it for NetWeaved_MSS)

Regards,

Ashish

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi XM

Could you check this SCN thread, which is addressing the same issue

BCUSER logon not possible Error in License Check | SCN

Regards

SS

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You could try using the saplikey or saplicense tools (operating system level, while logged on as "<sid>adm").

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

thanks for the sharing I read through the thread but didn't find helpful solution.  I found one symptom exactly like mine which says " I didn't find a "NSP 7.02 MaxDB license" so I used a "NSP 7.02 SQL Server License" and maybe this is the problem"

If it is the problem, where to find the MaxDB license?

thanks,

XM

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please follow instructions of below thread and see if it helps.

Regards,

Ashish

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

And is this SAP system installed at a MaxDB database?

Notice that you need a license for the database system in use at this SAP system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank all for your replies.  I requested wrong licence earlier as Ashish reminded and now with the correct one for NSP - SAP NetWeaver 7.x (Windows/MaxDB) installed I can use BCUSER to logon again.

It seems that it's not necessary to delete the 'Old license' with red light, it's still there.

Thanks&

regards,

XM