cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress Analysis Report not showing BCWS and BCWP in CNE5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with progress analysis and getting the values POC (plan, actual), but not getting BCWS / BCWP values. I'm using measuring method for multiple activities which are TIME PROPORTIONAL, COST PROPORTIONAL, DEGREE OF COMPLETION and ACTUAL PLAN. I had already maintained the required Customizing for this and we have costs planned and posted at activity level.

Next, the Customization I maintained is :

1. Created Progress Version 100 with exclusive use 'Progress

Analysis'. I have selected Plan & Actual check boxes.

2. Settings for Progress Version-

a) Plan version - '0'

b) EV basis - Cost plan (active project, total values)

c) POC weighting - Weight (active project )

d) Planning type - Basic dates

e) Early / Late - Earliest possible

f) Both reference boxes selected

3. SKFs- I created three SKFs & assigned to Val. Categories.

4. Haven't maintained the default measurement method but maintained in CJ20N against Activities with Time proportional method.

5. Created progress cost element, maintained default, created Cost element group and assigned to value category.

6. In this cost element group, I have not assigned any other cost elements

Before running CNE5, I have also run CNE1 but still not able to obtain BCWS / BCWP values. Can someone help me in getting the BCWS / BCWP?

Regards,

Faizan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you checked on scheduling your project ,maintaining POC weight and then executing CNE1 & CNE5?

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Yes I executed those transaction which you have mention but still not able to get result.

Regards,

Faizan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly answer my above query which is still pending.

Waiting for your suggestion.

Regards,

Faizan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fauzan.

BCWS and BCWP will only updated if both methods and progress value maintained within Activity/WBS (except for 0-100 default method).

Suppose you want to get progress result for activity, it is recommended to use Work/Degree of Processing for actual method in activity.

BCWP then be updated when you done a confirmation for an activity, since this stnd for Budgetd Cost Work Performed. BCWP will show value related with EV base u mentioned before (total cost plan with version 0)

thanks

salam hangat,

danniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danniel,

Thanks for the your reply.Could you please share screen shot which will be much helpful as I have assigned below mention method on screen shot.

As mention above screen shot, no BCWS and BCWP is calculated. so kindly tell me how to get these vales.

Regards,

Faizan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan

There are few steps to check ur EVM :

1. Ensure default method or assigned method of each object

2. Maintain consistency for EV basis and data >> if you decide to use Annual Cost Plan in your EV version then make sure each object (WBS,Actvity) has annual cost plan value.

3. To ensure POC is calculated, check schedule within activity and related settings

3. Check all parameters through SE38 program CHECKREPORT_PROGRESSANALYSIS

4. Running CNE1

5. Show EV project with PS Profile SAPPS_EV0001

note :

+ EV Basis Budget only work in WBS

+ for Internal activity :
   + Plan method : Cost Proportion and Milestone

+ Actual method : Work and Milestone

Below is screenshot of my example

As you can see, there are several key elements shown :

- POC (both planned for BCWS and actual for BCWP)

- Planned Cost (as i use Annual Cost plan as basis)

salam hangat,

danniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danniel,

Thanks for your quick response. I have follow all step you have mention but still no result is showing.I have a question:

• If I have an internal activity on which work centre has no activity type so I assigned material on it, so does it will show the impact of BCWS and BCWP in CNE5 report.

Can you share with me screen shot document of configuration so that I can confirm my config whether something is missing in config or not. If you have document, than please mail me at faizankhaleel@hotmail.com

Waiting for your quick response.

Regards,

Faizan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan sorry for super late response

For BCWS and BCWP to be shown, it doesn't really need activity type within Work Center (actually i also use same scenario as yours)

There are some keys to get EVM right :

1. Create Progress version that suits your req.

If you utilize activity, you should use annual values as basis

Budget base only use for WBS

2. Create 2 kind of value category : one for cost and one for % progress (POC).

3. Prepare 3 kind of SKF

4. Dont forget to assign those SKF to EACH value category (type % )

5. Use measurement method that suits your need

6. Create special secondary cost elemnt (type 61) as connector

7. Create cost element group to map progress for each cost element. then assign this cost element group to progress element (in tree maintain assigment of CE group)

8. Assign respected parameter (i.e confirmed work in each activity etc) in each object (i.e activity)

9. Run CNE1

10. Analyze using CNE5 or tabular CNPAWB

Two keys parameter you should check is % POC and EV value itself

1. for % POC, you can track them in table COSR and WRTTP=P1 for plan and P2 for actual

2. for EV value, use table RPSCO instead and WRTTP=P1,P2

With right configuration, Earned Value Management can be fully analyzed in SAP (both Percentage of Completion and EV value).

Terimakasih Faizan, hope it will help you.

salam hangat,

Danniel

Edit : i find this helpful link : https://www.consolut.com/fileadmin/Medien/PDF/SAP_PrintDoku/en/PSPRG/PSPRG.PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danniel,

Thanks for your response. I will appreciate if you please screen shots of the points which you have mention as on some points, I'm not able to find it where it's path/nodes available in customization.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Regards,

Faizan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

Yes ,I have assigned both method for activity i-e method plan and method actual field but still no data is populating in BCWS and BCWP in CNE5 report.

Regards,

Faizan

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u you run the Cne1 for Project or Network. If you are doing for Project , you need to assign them for WBS also ...

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

Yes I have run CNE1 before CNE5 but still no data is coming in BCWS and BCWP field in CNE5 report. Even I have also search for solution but not able to find correct answer.

Regards,

Faizan

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please assign all cost elements to  cost element group....

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

I have run CJVC to view value category assignment so after running that transaction it shows me statistical key figure assignment with red traffic light.I have already assigned SKF but still don't know why it's showing with red traffic light. Below is the screen shot:

As for cost element assignment I have already assigned it.

So kindly tell me in SKF assignment, what I'm missing?

Regards,

Faizan

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Goto opi1 tcode and check value categories are they should total values as shown in below picture.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

My above error was removed as my assignment on value category was not correct. As far as OPI1, value category I have  already assigned 1302 and 1303 to SKF indicator but when I'm going to assign value category 1301 to SKF and after running CJEN, SAP give me error so I define that value category to Cost as per SAP standard setting.

So other than that do you have any idea because after doing this, I'm still not able to get BCWS and BCWP values in CNE5.

Regards,

Faizan

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Please assign all cost elements to group..

Did u maintain the values in the below screen. for WBS..

Thanking you

Vengaiah