cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO different behavior for calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have worksheet consists of multiple sheets with calculations and formulas in it and we are on AO 2.1 SP01 (64 bit) also tried on 1.4 and 2.0

I noticed when we open the excel sheet without plugin it takes few seconds to open the worksheet and then the sheet gets loaded in another a minute

But when I open the same sheet with Analysis plugin enabled after it open the worksheet , it takes double the time to display the sheet and on the bottom right it shows Calculating 4 Processors , I understand the sheet has calculations but cant we disable the calculation (I already tried forumale > calculation type set as manual in the excel).

I tried looking something related to AO in forums but was not able to understand  should I be doing some setting for AO or on excel

Please advise.

Shrutika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrutika,

its a known issue with BOA and it's not related to any SP.

The BOA add-in takes ages to "render" all worksheets.

It even checks all sheets although crosstabs are not part of it.

The bigger your workbook the longer the runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, I also feel the same. But its not expected as well. Any ideas if we can disable it?

Shrutika.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would it be possible to try it with an updated support pack (SP02 for Analysis Office 2.1) and compare the performance results? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tammy.I downloaded the SP02 but still the same issue. I feel its some default behaviour of analysis, is their any way to disable it.

Shrutika

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please look at this thread How to clear cache of BO Analysis and trace its... | SCN for some suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again!!

I have looked those but it seems that we are in a different situation altogether, we face the challenge only by opening the sheet and to display it starts the calculation automatically, even though we have marked the calculation as manual.

One more thing, all this is in offline mode, we have not yet logged in to the BI platform.

I have saved the worksheet on my desktop. I open the AO , click on file open and open the sheet and it takes all the time to render.

Though if I just open excel and then click on file open, it comes in few seconds.

Shrutika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more observation was that if I disable the plugin it does not perform the calculation. Once I enable and open the sheet it starts performing the calculation.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This makes sense because if you open the Excel spreadsheet (not through Analysis) it is not connecting to the backend so it will be faster; this is expected behavior.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note this is expected behavior; please check the tutorials at sap.com/LearnBI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still not connecting to back-end, its completely offline, because I am just rendering the sheet (not at connected to BW or BO system) .

As I mentioned the workflow is :

Open AO for excel

Click on file -> open

select the sheet from desktop

And there it takes time (opening of workbook + calculation it does before the display)

I am opening it from a different location, where there is no connection to BW queries available)

If its default set some where , can we disable it.

Thank you again Tammy for your time with this

Shrutika