Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.40 for JAVA on Mac incredibly slow

former_member190954
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I need your advice. I am using SAP GUI for Java on Mac and it is really very slow. Sometimes it works relatively fine but at some point it gets annoyingly slow. I have Mac Book Pro Retina 2015 with 8GB DDR and Intel i7 2,7 GHz processor so the hardware should be fine. I have this version of SAP GUI:

Java is of course up-to-date as it gets updated automatically on the regular basis. Was or is anybody else experiencing the same? I do not know what to do. I can work simultaneously on 3 remotes with 10s of apps running but once I turn SAP GUI on my Mac on, all gets slow as hell.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ondrej Zatopek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I run 7.40 on my similarly spec'd MBA with no problems at all, so I'm pretty sure this isn't a generic JavaGUI problem. I'd first try deleting it and re-installing, and go for patch level 4 rather than your current 2, just in case.

Beyond that I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions. What does the MacOS activity monitor show when this is happening?

Steve.

former_member190954
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

thanks for the quick response. I updated the version for patch level 4. I will see how it goes.

Regards,

Ondrej

Answers (0)