cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SMP Logs Settings are disabled when restarted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a bit of a problem when restarting SAP SMP. Log traces in the settings go back to disabled every time I restart the system.

I tried changing this file

com.sap.mobile.platform.server.logging.components.json

but it does not affect anything

Went to SQL and found which table it is from.

I executed this

Update SMP_SERVER_TRACE_LOG_LEVEL

set ISTRACEENABLED = 1

where COMPONENT <> 'Agentry';

to check if the settings are affected. Which they are.

But for every restart, it goes back to 0 or disabled.

Anyone know how to permanently enable them?

I am also been working on a .bat file to execute the start up, then when the SAP SMP service becomes "Running", it will then execute the sql script to enable logging. but I have little knowledge about that so my .bat file couldnt execute the script.

Help on this one is also appreciated if the logging cannot be permanently enabled.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

What version of SMP are you using?

SMP 3.0 SP09 PL01 which was recently released contains a fix for the problem you describe -

"SMP Logging Settings resets every system bounce"

Try upgrading your server and see if the issue still occurs.

Regards,

STephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your reply

I actually just upgraded to SP09 PL01. The first thing I did is to check that issue. Unfortunately, it still turns to disable for every restart.

This may be the reason why SAP developed it like this

NoteYou must deploy one or more Agentry applications to be able to set Agentry log levels.

Logging detailed information consumes more system resources, so SAP recommends that you change the log level only when you suspect a serious problem, or are testing a theory. In most situations, logging errors and warnings is sufficient.

NoteLogs that are generated during an end to end tracing request cycle use the trace level set for end to end tracing, overriding the logging level set here.
So it says there to turn it on only if there is a problem
Im just not sure where did you get your information regarding this issue was fixed. I also read the bug fix notes and none of which was described.