Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Logical file & is not assigned to physical file &.lsmw.conv

Hi

I've gone through some other posts with similar queries, but none of the suggestions works for us (it might be that the SAP Versions differ).

We're using the following Import Method in LSMW

My Logical File Path Definition looks as follows

My Logical File Name Definition looks as follows

My Converted Data Logical Path and File definition is as follows:

However I get the following error and don't know how to fix it?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

Adrian

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Daniela Butnar's post ( LSMW - Logical Path/File - No logical path has ... | SCN ) put me on the right track, but there was still something different in our system as I still got error message "File & is not in the directory area global". So after stepping ABAP code for quite a while I saw it referenced Logical File /SAPDMC/LSMW_FILE, which referenced Logical File Path /SAPDMC/LSMW_FILE_LP, which was linked to Physical path <P=DIR_GLOBAL>/<FILENAME>. Daniela's LSMW PATH link settings point to <FILENAME>, so I deleted the <P_DIR_GLOBAL>/ part and just made it <FILENAME>. That was the missing link. Now it works. Just another tip, please keep your LSMW Project, Subproject and Object names very short. I suggest 5 characters each maximum. Otherwise if the physical file path is long, the physical file-name gets truncated and you don't get a user-friendly error message. It just says your logical file and path settings are not set up. I'm adding my 6-step config below:

Step 01:

Step 02:

Step 03:

Step 04:

Step 05:

Step 06:

Best regards,

Adrian Bruwer

South Africa

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question