cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a web application (vb.net) that passes fields from a form to a Crystal Report and it exports the report to a pdf.  We have started to get tickets from customers and it looks like the issue has to do with the fact that newer versions of Acrobat see something in the header and think it is not secure.

I decided to go out and get the latest version of CR for VS and use it.  Now I am getting a separate error when trying to run the report.

An error has occurred: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F734A321-8381-4FFD-A614-139E8906DC83} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Question. Is the older version CR (10.5.3700.0) have an issue with newer versions of acrobat. If so, what is the solution?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rusty,

The CR Basic that was included with VS 2008 had only one patch and no others and will not support any newer DB drivers or other things.

The latest version of CR for VS does not integrate nor was the runtime tested with VS 2008.

To make it work upgrade VS to 2010 or above and then use CR for VS.

Downloads are from here:

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I have tried'CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_15.msi''  The app comes up but when I try to add the report and it doesn't work and I get an error:

"An error has occurred: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F734A321-8381-4FFD-A614-139E8906DC83} failed due to the following error: 80040154"

0 Kudos

Please note: To integrate "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio" into VS 2010 or 2012 (SP 7 and higher) or VS 2013 (SP 9 or higher) or VS 2015 RC (SP14) - VS 2015 (fully - SP 15), you must run the Install Executable. Running the MSI will not fully integrate Crystal Reports into VS. MSI files by definition are for runtime distribution only.

Note 2: SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET does NOT support Express Editions of any version of Visual Studio .NET. VS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I determined the problem.  The install wouldn't work due to the issue with  cryptocme2.dll that you have mentioned in other threads. Once I renamed the file, the install work.  I then ran into an issue with runtime.  According to CA, your version of that file will work with their product so I just copied and pasted your file into the C:\Program Files\CA\SC\etpki\lib directory and all it is working like a charm.

Answers (0)