Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Issue using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio

We have a web application (vb.net) that passes fields from a form to a Crystal Report and it exports the report to a pdf.  We have started to get tickets from customers and it looks like the issue has to do with the fact that newer versions of Acrobat see something in the header and think it is not secure.

I decided to go out and get the latest version of CR for VS and use it.  Now I am getting a separate error when trying to run the report.

An error has occurred: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F734A321-8381-4FFD-A614-139E8906DC83} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Question. Is the older version CR (10.5.3700.0) have an issue with newer versions of acrobat. If so, what is the solution?

Former Member
Former Member replied

I determined the problem.  The install wouldn't work due to the issue with  cryptocme2.dll that you have mentioned in other threads. Once I renamed the file, the install work.  I then ran into an issue with runtime.  According to CA, your version of that file will work with their product so I just copied and pasted your file into the C:\Program Files\CA\SC\etpki\lib directory and all it is working like a charm.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question