cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make 1st Level of Category Required for Interaction Record?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have (what I think is) a basic question.  I need to mark the 1st level of the category schema as a required entry.  I was able to do this for the service requests quite easily, however the configuration appears as a drop down list configuration in the Interaction Records.

If I attempt to configure using the same technique I only see the block and cannot require the individual field(s).

Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

So sorry that I need to warn you that Interaction records don't check the mandatory fields by standard design.

If you want to define mandatory fields and want to prevent saving on pressing END, you have to implement ORDER_SAVE BAdi.

You must perform the checks prior to saving it. For the details, please check following Note.

1861150 - Pressing END to finish a customer interaction saves business transactions in any case in CRM Interaction Center

Best Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the insight.  This is definitely related and getting closer to solving my issue.  However, one of the prerequisites for these notes is that I need to have the mandatory fields maintained.  It is the maintenance of these fields as mandatory that I'm struggling with.  Any other ideas on how to maintain the view = GSMCDDLB/DropDownList?

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

just from UI frw point of view. In the runtime repository editor, it seems that for view area CatDDLB component GSMCDDLB is used.

You might check in the view there. But is it hard-coded.

Best Regards,

SIgrid

0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

Thanks for the prompt response.  I looked at trying to configure this from the WebUI and the component workbench with no luck.  I do see the component = GSMCDDLB and view CatDDLB.  But it is still showing up with the same basic configuration limitation.  Is there any other way to do this besides coding?

Thanks in advance.

Lars