cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS SQL Server instance SERVER does not exist. Database SID does not exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I configured technical monitoring for my ABAP system i completed all steps present in managed system successfully even DBACockpit connection also established.

but while in Technical Monitoring for Availablity metric. MSSQL Database Status and MSSQL Server Software Status is red.

but DBA Cockpit MSSQL Connection Status and MSSQL Client Software Status are green.

Attached Screen shot.

Kindly help.

Regards

Veekshith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luis,

Sorry for late response.

For missing data supplier issue i followed below steps:

For Abap kernel instance missing data supplier: i registered my system using sldreg.exe into sld this solved the issue

for Database supplier i followed below  SAP Note

Regards,

Veekshith

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same issue.

Post Upgrade SP12 ---> SP14

Any solution?

Thanks

Luis Angel

MichaelFoley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

For SP14, this is a known issue.

Please implement Note 2238977 & then reconfigure the monitoring for the system.

The important thing here is to use the "All managed objects in background" from the apply & activate dropdown,

This will resolve the issue for you.

Regards

Michael

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veekshith, Can you conform your SOLMAN SP level? If SP13, can you apply the latest version of SAP note 2156139 (manual instructions as well) and afterwards "apply and activate" the monitoring to see if this helps. Kind regards, Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I am working on SOLMAN 7.1 SP 12.

Regards,

Veekshith

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veekshith,

It seems that the technical monitoring is trying to look for the old instance, so could you please reconfigure the monitoring for the system (Apply and Activate for the system in solman setup, technical monitoring)? That will fetch the latest configuration from LMDB. Kind regards, Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I tried to reconfigure and activated alert for Managed system but no change.

but strange thing is one JAVA system in our landscape was able to detect the database instance.

When i compared this system with other system which are facing issue. i found a missing data supplier error in LMDB for the system which are facing error.

Attached screen shots.

i verified DAA and Host Agent on database side there was no issue.

we were not facing this issue before.

I think because of LMDB missing DATA supplier,  i am getting error in Alert monitoring.

kindly help.

Regards

Veekshith