cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect to SDM during SUM execution phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing an issue during a patch upgrade for our Solman system using SUM.The patch upgrade i started using option "Manual stack directory" and components included for update are LM-Service/IS-AGENT/J2EE Engine/J2EE Core.

During execution phase SUM is throwing the below error

"Could not detect system components. Could not detect deployed components. Could not synchronize the table with system component versions with SDM repository. com.sap.sdm.apiimpl.remote.client.APIRemoteExceptionImpl: Server JBLDCVSDSSM03 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server JBLDCVSDSSM03 at port 50018: Connection refused: connect (port 50018 to address 10.51.31.36) com.sap.sdm.apiimpl.remote.client.APIRemoteExceptionImpl: Server JBLDCVSDSSM03 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server JBLDCVSDSSM03 at port 50018: Connection refused: connect (port 50018 to address 10.51.31.36 ".

When I checked I found that SDM is not running.I tried to start the SDM using standalone and integrated mode but no luck.

After this it is creating 2 log files "sdm_server.err" and "sdm_server.out".But both the files are of 0KB and no content is there.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Here is the resolutionfor the issue--

In the instance profile  of our Central Instnace we had the entry as below--

jstartup/instance_properties = $(jstartup/j2ee_properties)

This means the paramter is only requesting the startup of the J2ee engine wheras the same is
is not requesting the startup of the SDM server.

The entry should be:

jstartup/instance_properties =$(jstartup/j2ee_properties);$(jstartup/sdm_properties)

We have modified the profile as above and restarted the system again.This time SDM started without any issue and also patch update completed successfully.

Thanks all for your valueable suggestions.

Best Regards,

Debaditya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Asha_Pillai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please follow the steps in the note

1552513 - Deployment fails due to SDM connection issues to JAVA engine

Regards,

Asha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check if SDM is running or not using below commad :-

sapcontrol -nr <sysnr> -function J2EEGetProcessList

if its not running please start SDM from /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<NR>/SDM/program/StartServer.bat

even after that SDM is not starting, then please check the logs at /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<NR>/SDM/program/logs.

Thanks,

Jaskirat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debaditya,

Kindly share 'DETECT-COMPONENTS-AFTER-UPDATE_20.LOG'

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if there is some log file present in sdm logs under /usr/sap/<SID>/<instanceID>/SDM/program/log

Below Notes can be useful

905856 - Failed SDM command execution

2159360 - Upgrade fails during step execution: com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.SystemDetectionException: Could ...

2075585 - SDM does not start

Thanks,

Mofizur