Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

PowerDesigner 16.5.5.2 Check In Issues

Hello Everyone,

Problem: I am having Check In Issues with PowerDesigner on an inconsistent basis. I mean, I am able to check in certain existing models to PowerDesigner repository very easily and sometimes I am unable to check in  the same models to another proxy server or to the current proxy server. I have done the below workaround and I have mentioned the current check in status.

I need some advice to know what is the actual problem for my check-in inconsistencies. FYI, I cannot raise a support ticket  as I don't have the rights to do it, at this point.

Work Around= PowerDesigner gets stuck when I check in the models with out any error message. I have done a work around by creating a brand new model, copy the existing model to the brand new model and it checked in successfully. I want to know the reason why PowerDesigner is getting stuck without an error message. Now each time it gets stuck, I have to manually kill the process on the server and try my check in again. This is quite a tedious process to implement each time a check in fails.

Current Checkin Status= I am not using any local cache to check in the PowerDesigner models to the PowerDesigner proxy server. I have all the admin privileges like my colleague, who doesn't have any issues until, my PD gets stuck because of my check in. He is stuck whenever I get stuck with PowerDesigner.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question