Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom OVS

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I know there is so much information on Custom OVS . However all the information is in bits and Pieces.  I have been looking on this info since a while and get lost with the bindings and events.

Could you guide me step by step wise creating a simple OVS on a Custom BO ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amber Badam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Please check below post for same.

Also go to standard guide and refer section : 9.3.2.5 Create an Object Value Selector Dialog Box

http://help.sap.com/saphelpiis_studio_1408/studio_od_1408.pdf

Regards,

Mithun

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Thanks for the answer. I have indeed gone through the post. I get the following error and I have no clue what it is:

In the following could you suggest me what should be correct binding in the datamodel?

Also, could you please suggest, if I have defined the input and outport correct along with query parameters.

Regards,Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

A few tips....

If you have not created an OVS before, I would start with a standard object first. To get an idea how it works with an existing BO. Lets us Service Category BO as an example... Here is a copy of the solution. Load into your solution so you can see it...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19521570/YOLSIT13Y_Copy_10-1-2015_43215_PM-ServiceCategory_OVS.z...

1. Bind it to the Service Category BO -> Query By Hierarchy. Notice that you create data model elements under the search parameters structure for each filter field. I noticed you mapped multiple parameters to the same query data model element/value

quick tip, click on ... button

right click on the searchparameters structure and choose add data field. It will create a new data field and bind it and name it the same as the filter parameter in one shot.

2. define some inports you want to default the filter panel.

3. bind the object ID to the ID in the data model (you can always add your own ID field but this will at least keep it easy to show the ID field everywhere in the OVS) without further adjustments. do the same for object name to the name ...

4. do nothing for the outport (since you used the standard object ID and object name)

5. object name and object ID are standard fields in the list. I renamed the title of the columns of Service Category/Category ID respectively.

Then use this OVS on any field for a test.... this general how to will work on all standard objects. Once you get this working you can replace the query with a SADL query to make it performant since SADL queries are the best practice way to configure an OVS

For a custom object, I have always bound the Object ID field as the "alternate key" field of the BO. Above "ID" is the alternate key for service category BO...

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a Ton Rei. Appreciate it. I'm on it and will let you know the results.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rei,

I tried to download your solution to debug mine, but I am getting a 403 error.

Can you send me the file again through dropbox? (ja_ollier@live.fr)

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine Ollier

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jacques-Antoine,

Rei is no longer with SAP. I do not know if he 's still following SCN.

Bye,

Horst

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the follow up Horst!

I do not know why but recreating the OVS did work when the first few times it did not work automatically.

Anyway, have a great one Horst.

BR,

Jacques-Antoine