Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Currency Transalation Offered during Transformation

klausfreyburger
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am following this Currency Translation During Transformation - Analytic Manager - SAP Library

Source of Transformation is Data Source, target aDSO. Source key figure has variable currency, target key figure fixed currency USD.

According to the table in 1. of the help documentation currency translation should be offered but it is not.

When using an InfoCube as target then CT is offered.

To be honest: I am trying to avoid to perform the translation in a routine (because I want to do this with students).

Why does the definition of the transformation behave different with aDSO target as opposed to Infocube target?

Thanks for your answers!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

For DSOs and InfoSources you find in the Transformation a push button Settings: Currencies and Units. Here you have to flag the check box Allow Currency/Unit Conversion.

Please refer also to the on-line help:

Allow Currency Conversion

For InfoSources and DataStore objects, you can set an option for performing a currency conversion.

Use

If you set the indicator, the currency or unit of measure can be converted for key figures. The prerequisite is that all currencies and units of measure are contained in the key of the target.

The conversion can be configured for the different target objects as follows:

◦This setting is not available for open hub destinations because no InfoObjects are contained in the target.

◦The currency conversion cannot be disabled for InfoCubes.

◦You can enable and disable the currency conversion for DataStore objects and InfoSources that satisfy the requirements. However, you must delete rules that contain currencies/units of measure and that are therefore not compatible with the future setting.

Dependencies

If rules containing the currency exist, these must be deleted.

Best regards,

Sander

klausfreyburger
Participant
0 Kudos

This is it, thanks so much. (Just to explain, where I failed: I came accross the check box "Allow Currency/Unit Conversion" which was greyed out and I missed to check for Online Help)

Thanks again!

Klaus

klausfreyburger
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sander / all,

little variation: I now tried to configure the aDSO a little differently, namley Cube-like "All characteristics are keys". Then the indicator "the currency or unit of measure can be converted for key figures." is automatically set by the system (and greyed out).

Units are set as key by the system (as can be seen in transformation)

However NO curreny conversion is offered.

Bug or feature?

When disabeling the box "All characteristics are keys", defining Units as keys in aDSO and setting the box "the currency or unit of measure can be converted for key figures."  manually in the transformation curreny conversion IS offered.

Thanks and best regards

Klaus

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Unfortunately, I don't have a BW system on HANA so I cannot check it.

My impression is that the setting "All characteristics are key" should be equivalent to the "legacy" InfoCube, so the currency conversion should be enabled by the system. In that respect it could be a bug if it does not work as expected. I have noticed a lot of SAP Notes in the area of aDSO, probably since it is brand-new technology.

I suggest to create an SAP Support Message.

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (0)