Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to create a record selection criteria for information design tool. Business filter?

This is my first time posting to SAP forums.  I hope I'm in the correct area.

I have written crystal reports for several years now, but now I'm moving to create my first universe using Information Design Tool 4.1.

I have added 2 tables and linked them.  I Have removed the fields in each table I don't want in the universe.

There are a fiew fields that I want to restrict the data that a user can view.  My goal is to filter those records I don't want them to have access to within the field.

In a crystal report setting wen designing a report I would use the record selection criteria to filter out what I don't want the user to see using a NOT statement

I have been searching around looking for how to do this in the Information Design tool.

I am not a SQL person so I don't know how to write the appropriate statement in SQL.

I found that on the business layer, I can create  filter as a "business" type which seems very similar to crystal reports.  I selected my field, and selected "not equals" to then typed in my constant of "OIS*" so that anything that starts with OIS wont show up when a person uses the universe.

I think this may be the correct way to do this, if not please help.

So now that I have my filter created, what do I do to make it work?  When I view the field, I still see data that starts with OIS, so I assume there must be a way to activate this filter but I cant figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi,

or try with this instead of substring formula.

@Select(V Cases\Case Type Desc) NOT LIKE 'OIS%'

Amit

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question