SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSM-FM activation x ledgers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

We are about to start the configuration in order to activate FM and I am not sure about the impacts in the configuration item: Public Sector Management => Funds Management Government => Basic Settings => Activate Global Funds Management Functions (PSM-FM).

1) As per SAP documentation, I understand that “Adjust ledger” checkbox must be checked, as no changes in Financial are desirable. Could someone please, advise? As I have not seem this check before in former clients nor in my benchmarking assessments, I assume the scenario could cause it. Some technical details can clarify: the current version for SAP-APPL is 606/0014 and EA-PS is 606/0007/SAPK-60607INEAPS. Financial New GL is not active.

2) Additionally, table T881 for leading ledger 0L shows FAGLFLEXT as total table. Could this cause future issues?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Adriana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chofiana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adriana,

Please see below the help linked to this checkbox:

After FM Activation. Convert Ledger to New Subapplication

Specifies that existing ledgers are adjusted after Funds Management is activated.

The system identifies ledger using the combination of application and subapplication. Ledgers in new General Ledger Accounting have application FI and subapplication GLF.

When Funds Management (FM) is activated in your system, the system looks for ledgers with subapplication PSM or PSX.

Use

If you activate Funds Management and want to reuse existing ledgers, you have to select this checkbox.

If you do not select this checkbox, you will not see any ledgers after FM is activated. You then have to set up new ledgers under  Ledgers.

Regarding the table FAGLFLEXT you can review this note:

1060657 - General ledger reporting by profit center in public sector

Regards,

Sofía.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

chofiana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adriana,

Please see below the help linked to this checkbox:

After FM Activation. Convert Ledger to New Subapplication

Specifies that existing ledgers are adjusted after Funds Management is activated.

The system identifies ledger using the combination of application and subapplication. Ledgers in new General Ledger Accounting have application FI and subapplication GLF.

When Funds Management (FM) is activated in your system, the system looks for ledgers with subapplication PSM or PSX.

Use

If you activate Funds Management and want to reuse existing ledgers, you have to select this checkbox.

If you do not select this checkbox, you will not see any ledgers after FM is activated. You then have to set up new ledgers under  Ledgers.

Regarding the table FAGLFLEXT you can review this note:

1060657 - General ledger reporting by profit center in public sector

Regards,

Sofía.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sofia for your reply.

I have checked already the F1 information and, as I see it, it is not enough to foreseen the impacts. I also have checked already SAPNote 1060657 and it is not related to the scenario as NewGL is not active in the system.

I am still looking for SAPNotes and documents regarding PSM-FM activation in Classical GL system.

Kind regards,

Adriana

0 Kudos

Oi Adriana,

the purpose of the “Adjust ledger” flag is that existing ledgers are adjusted after Funds Management is activated. If you activate Funds Management and want to reuse existing ledgers, you will need to select this checkbox; however, if you do not select this checkbox, you will not see any ledgers after FM is activated. You will then need to set up new ledgers.  

Since you are looking for more information about PSM-FM activation in Classical GL, I suggest you to read this wiki: Definition of Leading Ledger for Public Sector Customers

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/jwXpCw

This content was created to clarify the use of Funds Management and the effect on the definition of the Leading Ledger.   Please, kindly read all the content as well as the related Notes/KBAs mentioned there.

BR, Mateus

0 Kudos

Hi Adriana, in summary, If you do not use NewGL the flag "Adjust ledger" is not relevant. To be on the safe side, you can activate it in case you want to migrate to NewGL later. About "0L" this is delivered by default and if you do not use NEW G/L you do not need to update the table. I hope this helps! 🙂 Mateus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mateus,

I will follow your recommendation. Thanks for all your help.

Kind regards,

Adriana