Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio 1.5 P1 data source shows variable prompt every time again

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I have a issue with the variable prompt. So I have a new Design Studio dashboard with actual 1 data source (BEx) and this data source has 1 variable (0CALMONTH). In the future there will be more data sources (BEx with 0CALMONTH as variable).

After I add the data source Design Studio shows the variable prompt and I enter a valid month and year. The issue is, that if I want to open the data source view, Design Studio shows me the variable prompt every time again and I have to enter a valid month and year every time again.

Does someone knows, why Design Studio does not store the entered variable correct and ask me every time?

Regards

Severin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it sounds like you should open a SAP support request - but to clarify, is this SP1 or patch 1?  If it is just patch 1 you should apply SP1

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. I am sorry, because the post, was for another issue with the variable prompt, so I mix the topics.

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you try to use the On variable initialization option to enter your variable there?

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, that I do not describe my problem enough. This problem occurs in Design Studio during development, for example I use the data selection wizard for scripts or the edit view option of the data sources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Severin,

there is a checkbox in the DS preferences called:

"Use cached promt values for local execution"

Can you please check, if this is activated?

Greetings

Manuel

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

No the box is not activated.

Normal I could open variable prompt, but sometimes (after I work some time at the dashboard) it does not work. After restarting the application variable prompt works fine.

Regards

Severin