cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding intercompany sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a requirement from my client which is based on intercompany sales . scenario is that when a customer order a material example BV1234 from company code 1000 . material should be picked in intercompany code 6000 with the material VB1234  . both the material are same but with different materialcode (name). but when a customer order BV1234 it should pick up VB1234 in other plant . both the plant has same material but with different material code but with same description. . is it possible to configure this in standard SAP . i think its clear to u all.

with regards

shivaprakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

I believe it is pretty much possible.

first you should maintain material determination (t-code: VB11)which will exchange the material from BV1234 to VB1234 in the sales order.

once material will be subsitute in the sales order then we can determine the plant which belong to company code 6000. to do this just extend the material with the plant that belong to company code 6000. (maintain the delivery plant in sale org view: plant belong to different company code).

Right now I do not have system so I can check but I believe this is the possibility.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prashant ,

Thank you for your reply , i have already checked by doing material determination. its working as u said. what i need to know is there is no stock in the plant 1000 for the material BV1234/ but stock is available for VB1234 in plant 6000 . is it possible to do availability check and pick the material from plant 6000.

thank you

regards

shivaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

exact requirements was that the material stock to be reduced in plant 6000 and while stock transfer to plant 1000 the material code should be changed. like vb1234 from 6000 to be changed as bv1234 in 1000 . sales order is in 1000 plant it picks the stock from plant 6000 ok.

regards

shivaprakash

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shiva,

Why is the same material in your company group created with different codes?

You want to transport stock from one plant to another, but the complexity is it is material code A in plant 1000, but you want it to reach as material code B in plant 6000.

I think this is not the correct way, not possible in SAP.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

our client has two company code in 6000 there are manufacturing in 1000 they are doing sales process. there are warehouse in 1000 companycode . if stock is not there they are getting from 6000 so in 1000 materialcode is BV1234 and in 6000 it is VB1234. so if intercompany sto process is there then material should come in the name of BV1234 to 1000 company plant from 6000 company plant. r u getting my scenario please. can we do it  in sap standard.

thank you

regards

shivaprakash

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a complete 'mishmash' of several different processes.

If a customer orders products from sales organization AAAA belonging to company code AAA, but receives the products from plant B belonging to company code BBB - this is intercompany sales process. You have 1 sales order, 1 delivery and 2 billing documents - F2 for end customer and IV for billing between company code BB and AA. There is no physical transfer of products between plant B and any plant in company code AAA.

In case you wish to execute ATP for more than one plant and also have the possibility to suggest substitute products in the case of unavailability of a certain product in specific locations, then you can consider rule-based ATP check functionality in APO.

In case all you need a simple functionality to substitute material A with material B when ordering from different locations - use material determination with a suitable substitution reason as suggested by Prashant Sharma.

In case you need to move products between plants assigned to different company codes - this is intercompany stock transfer. In this case consider production repacking either in the sending or in the receiving location. (Production order with a different production BOM to get as a result material B).

I assume that there is some difference between the two material codes - at least in the labels, otherwise there is no logical business or any other reason to keep them as separate numbers in the system.

As TW Typewriter already pointed out, it is not possible in standard to receive a different material code with stock transport order than the product sent.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume that there is some difference between the two material codes - at least in the labels, otherwise there is no logical business or any other reason to keep them as separate numbers in the system.

Shiva,

(Veselina's point highlighted above) please inform about the business (product) and the role of these two company codes, reason for different material codes in both plants (of different company codes) for the same material.

TW

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivprakash,

As much as I understand your requirement.. you want if product BV1234 is not available in the plant 1000 than system should pick product VB1234 which is available in plant 6000 (but not in plant 1000).

If above is your requirement then I believe it could be possible using through the "Substitution Reasons" in Material Determination.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vaselina ,

Thanks for your reply , what you said is correct its intercompany STO process. product are manufactured in 6000 company code and sent to 1000 companycode for sales so sales is happening only in 1000 company code . only manufacturing is done in 6000 company code and plant the material is glasses used in checmical labs .  from the 1000 company code its having STO process to other plants which is only related to 1000 company code (like 1101,1102,1103 ) but from 6000 to 1000 only intercompany STO happens . so the requirement they need is when the stock is transfered from 6000 to 1000 the material should in the same material code of 1000 but it should the material code of 6000 which was similar material. only material code was different. label and bar code everything is specified only in 1000 company code  i think you people was clear abt the thing.

regards

shivaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prashant,

exactly you are right but i have already tested doin VB11 . but how come the stock will reduce in the 6000 plant can we automatically get the 6000 plant in sales order . process all done in 1000 but stock to be reduced in 6000 plant but for vb1234. is it possible in material determination. i mean if done tht is it possible to achieve.

thanks

regards

shivaprakash

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your explanation I still do not understand why the material should be sold as a different product code from the plants in company code 1000.

It seems as if one of the material codes is not produced anymore and only the second code is produced. Since you do not perform any additional activities to create the second marerial, then why don't you simply sell the product to the customer as the code which is used to produce it?

This will simplify your processes and eliminate some possible problems that you may encounter with double maintenance of master data.

The distinction between same and similar material is very important not only for the warehouse and the logistics execution department, but also for finance and controlling and if you discuss with them the idea of sending material A and receiving material B between 2 company codes, they will express their concerns.

If you are worried that the order entry clerks will not remember the new code - then use a substitution reason as it was already proposed. You will need to maintain the relevant master data for the new material code, but compared to the alternatives of performing dummy repacking or to an even worse approach (not mentioned on purpose), this is a better solution.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivprakash,

but how come the stock will reduce in the 6000 plant can we automatically get the 6000 plant in sales order .

After exchange the material in sales order, now system will determine the plant for the VB1234. for picking the plant#6000 automatically in the sales order I believe you should maintain plant 6000 as delivery plant in MMR. I believe it should work.

As you mentioned you are able to exchange the material from BV1234 to VB1234 in sales order after that system will pick plant 6000 if you maintain plant 6000 in Delivery palnt in MMR.

A plant becomes the Delivery plant once we assign plant to distribution chain (Sales Org + Dist Channel)

Sales Org + Dist Channel = Plant (becomes Delivery Plant)

Once system determine the plant 6000 then definitely stock will be reduce from 6000 only.

Are you not able to get plant 6000 in sales order ???

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma