Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions For Improving Performance In SAP Personas 2.0 SP02

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am facing performance issues whilst loading Personas in SAP Enterprise Portal. The primary dashboard of SMEN transaction takes quite a time to load.

I was searching for ways on improving performance in loading the flavor initially.

I came across optimization guides that suggested use of Slim State and Compression of flavors. However, both are unavailable on SAP Personas 2.0 SP02, they are meant for SP03.

I've used many PNG images on the dashboard. I can't change them at the moment since my screen resolution is different from my client's, and I don't want the additional refresh that JPG images would cause, or the blurred regions upon stretching of images.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Saud.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect optimising the images could make a big difference - in particular, don't use high resolution images and shrink them down in Personas. The browser still has to request the large image and the resizing is done afterwards. It is better to reduce the image size before adding them to Personas.

You might even be able to merge several images and reduce the overall number, and so reduce the number of HTTP requests needed when the page is rendered. That depends on how the images are used, obviously.

And there are performance improvements that come with the later support packages, so you should consider implementing those.

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Saud,

Have you checked the time to load all the elements, using Fiddler or HttpWatch trace tools? You can check whether the issue is related to the images or something else.

And, of course, as Steve told you, you should consider importing a higher SP (from my experience, importing a Personas SP doesn't take long).

Cheers,

Cris

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

Yes, I've checked the time to load all the elements. The issue has primarily been about images.

[If the images used are .jpg, the time taken to load the Personas screen is less than 1/3rd of the time taken if .png images are used]. Eventually, I'll need to shift to .jpg, something I've largely avoided in web development projects this far.

Considering the phase of my project, I am not allowed to make configuration changes such as upgrading the system. I am searching for solutions within the scope of Personas 2.0 SP02.

Thanks and Regards,
Saud.